Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Finally just gave up.

Discussion in 'Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion' started by stripesace, May 4, 2012.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. maerlim

maerlim Active Member

Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2012 Explorer Limited
    Seems like the early 2011's are the ones having the lion's share of the issues.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. BCMC

BCMC New Member

Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2012 Explorer
    2011 was the first year of the redesign. I think it's safe to say that many other manufacturers have encountered design issues in some first-year models that were subsequently addressed in the following model years. Ford isn't immune. It's merely a matter of individual patience and preference. Some forum members have been a little unluckier than others with their EX's.. Why are we so harsh on them for venting? Frankly, when issues are mentioned, I have an opportunity to evaluate if my 2012 EX xlt FWD (manufac 12/2011) has any similar concerns. I'd rather be educated than be completely ignorant. Knowledge is power, and all that jazz...