Finially got decent pics... | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Finially got decent pics...

Well I finially got a lot of stuff done over thanksgiving break. Finially got rims, as seen on Tommy98016's Saleen and expo5.0's ex. Also tail covers made by expo5.0. Tinted the tail lights, painted the calipers and anti-sway bars, and painted the tail light covers.

Mods shown:

18" Saleen rims w/ Yokohama AVS S/T tires

Explorer Express anti-sway bars.

Painted calipers

Custom tail covers w/ tinted tails.

Clear corners.

Questions:

-Should I remove the pinstripe?

-Should I paint front+rear bumpres & the side moldings white?

-Should I remove the side moldings?
(maybe some photoshop gurus could gimme examples?)

Here are pics of what a 1995 stock limited explorer looks like, minus the white tail wing (I think I'm going to get one of those though :p )

Please excuse the fact that they were taken at night... tonight was the first time I had access to a good digital camera since I put everything on.

Over xmas break I plan on dropping it 1-2" pending successful tweaking of the Air Ride Control system.;) ;)

Attachments

• e9_4.jpg
    e9_4.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 1,395

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by hydroxy
what makes the mudflaps so bad?

I like your mudflaps, keep em

Anyway just wanted to say, I love your X! Looks AWESOME! Those rims, sweet toyo proxies and red calipers are teh sh~t and I love your taillight mod. Big thumbs up!!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

look's good...but loose the side molding's....

Limited looks great!

Remove the side moulding and pinstripe and you are good to go. Mud flaps serve a purpose so keep 'em. It would also look better with the bumpers painted white. While I'm giving my opinion ;) I think you need to lower it some more or put meatier tires- wheel well is kinda empty.

what makes the mudflaps so bad?

'cause they straight ghetto yo

What are you doing postin' pics of expo5.0's truck before he got his air dam on huh? We know that ain't your truck... ;)

Actually, the flaps add a nice touch to an already ghetto truck :p

Tsk tsk... Look at that schloppppy paint job

hydroxytemp1.jpg

Hey Mr. Streeter... whats mud doing on your truck? Hmm... ever get your engine clean?

hydroxytemp2.jpg

And I won't even comment about the ghetto cyclops light action that you have hanging from the rear bumper... :p

a 260 mile drive back to tech will sometimes leave dirt on a car... and yes, the sway bars weren't done the best, but I'm painting the whole underbody during xmas break, so I will be redoing them then.

As for the cyclops look - that will be leaving as well. And NO I never did get my engine very clean. grrr. That mud is going to stay there till my deathbed I think... The mudflaps arn't going anywhere, they keep the ex a lot cleaner. I might paint them white, but I doubt it.

The pinstripe is coming off as soon as I get time to do it. I'm not sure what to do about the side moldings.. I think if I paint them white - the ex will be tooo white. I definetly dont want to remove them, I like the way they look - and protect the doors.

I will be lowering it over xmas break as well.. that will fill up the wheel well =P

Hydroxy

Hey man, looks nice, ¿When ya gonna go muddin with me in it?

only mud this thing will see, will be Hokie's lawn. =P

As far as running single-in and dual-out, I was told that it was possible with my old '93 if I extended my brake lines and tucked them up and out of the way. I've seen it done on both 1st and 2nd Gen. X's. Almost did it on the '93 but decided not to go through the trouble and just ran a straight pipe off of the cat.

my problem is, from what the guy at the shop told me, the large shocks I have. Since I have the ARC system, it takes up more room...

I dont even know if this is possible.. but have the 2, 2" pipes come out of the muffler, and join together to a 3" - run that to the back and then branch off into 2 2" pipes... I'm just wondering here, I have no clue if this would even fit better then 2, 2" pipes would.

that looks classic, i love the rims and the tail light covers. usually i HATE pinstripes, but i think it adds a real nice line to your truck. she looks beautiful!

Kelli :D

i would leave the pin strip..

I love those wheels :cool: It looks great, but I personally think you should paint the bumpers all white, and lose the side moldings and pinstripe.

Mudflaps are necessary for protecting the paint, and I think you should repaint the black hatch pillars because they look a little faded. :)

my problem is, from what the guy at the shop told me, the large shocks I have. Since I have the ARC system, it takes up more room...

Ditch it Ditch it Ditch it Ditch it!!!!!!!!!!!!

You will soon have a lowered, SUV with street summer tires. Why on earth would you need a suspension capable of LIFTING the truck back up when the biggest mud you'll ever see will be what flies off my truck

Originally posted by Hokie

You will soon have a lowered, SUV with street summer tires. Why on earth would you need a suspension capable of LIFTING the truck back up when the biggest mud you'll ever see will be what flies off my truck

lol.gif

and when I disable it i'll have the annoying "check air ride control" on the display panel everytime I start the car. Question - when I raise it now, do you think it messes w/ the alignment?

and when I disable it i'll have the annoying "check air ride control" on the display panel everytime I start the car. Question - when I raise it now, do you think it messes w/ the alignment?

We'll pull your guages out and remove the light bulb.. next problem please? :D

hahaha then i would lose the whole console! Besides, I talked w/ someone who lifted their ex, and they said that the ARCshocks still worked fine after that. Although I wonder if they just sit in 'deflate' mode 24/7 because they are trying to lower the ex... I said before - I'm going to lower it, see if the shocks mess up, if they do I'll go from there.

So are we going to install the crap the thursday after finals or what?

ps.. if someone can photoshop my photos and remove the pin stripe, I'd be appreciative =P

Here are pics of no pinstripe, thanks to \99sport\.

What you peoples think?

10058no_pin_stripe-med.jpg

Edit: 99sport - did you make the damage on the bumper look like a flash reflection too? ifso - looks good =P

Thanks hydroxy

Yeah, I did a real quick job on the bumper. :cool: I just tried to match the reflection that was already there and continue it over the scrape.

If you need anything else done, I can try, although I am only good with some things.

Back