1. Holiday Special! - 2 for 1 Elite Explorer sale!

Right now you can purchase an Elite Explorer membership for $20 and receive a two year membership!

Click Here to start your membership and get rid of the ads!

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Firewall Drill Location

Discussion in 'Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods' started by AdmiralLopez, July 31, 2015.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. AdmiralLopez

AdmiralLopez New Member

City, State:
    New Jersey
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2012 Explorer XLT
    I am installing some aux lights and need to get from battery inside engine compartment to switch panel in center console. Does anyone know of a usable grommet or do I have to drill the firewall?

I don't want to do a door wrap.

2. Support EF

Elite Explorer 2 for 1 Sale! $20 for 2 years!

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. jkilmurray

jkilmurray New Member

2015 Explorer Sport
    I know the trucks have grommets right around the steering wheel. Don't know about the explorers. Hope this helps

4. Bowne24

Bowne24 New Member

2011 Ford Explorer XLT
    What type of switch panel are you using and where? Trying to decide where to add mine at.

5. Sgt1411

Sgt1411 Elite Explorer

City, State:
    VanBC/GoodyearAZ
    2017 Explorer SPORT
    It's been mentioned on here several times but your answer is made clear on the Ford Police Interceptor Website. Check out the link to the Modifiers Guide and it shows the recommended spot behind the glove box.

I think someone on here has actually posted the specific Modifiers Guide pages with photos in a previous thread.

6. K5OUN

K5OUN Member

City, State:
    DFW TX
    2015 Explorer Base
    In my up-fit I drilled a 3/4 inch hole in the floor near the center hump to run wiring, then sealed it with silicone. This location worked out well as my power bus cables could be covered up by the OEM heat shield that runs under the vehicle. Another thread on here talks about the OEM location behind the glove compartment, advising its horrible to access.