• Register Today It's free!

First Gen Jet Chip???

Iceking007

Reaction score
City, State
Edmonton, Alberta
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 Ford Explorer Sport
I've been looking around and other than the 'Hoaxy' E-bay chips that promis 1,000,000,000,000 HP and 3,000 MPG and 500,000X more Torque (lol ok exaderation but sounds too good to be true) the only thing I've found for the 'Stock' 4.0L Pushrod V6 is the Jet module... is any one running this?? Is it worth the purchase what can I expect is Jet a good and reliable company? Thank you! :thumbsup::salute:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

They have been around a long time, they work best if you have a auto as they also tweak the shift points

What kind of gains would you see in a v8 4.6l explorer im sort of looking at them too but want to know if it worth it?

Has anyone here tried those ebay chips which promise increased power/mpg?? I'm sure someone has. I just bought my explorer this week and was searchin around and saw those on ebay. Obviously sounds too good to be true. But I couldn't find any other kind of chip/tuning device.

Just doing some research, i heard it is best to just get a flash tuner. The problem I hear with the jet chips is that they are a piggy back chips (plugs into your ECU) and if not completely installed correctly, you could have intermittent connection problems. I thought about a Jet Chip, but just went with a flash tuner...

Just for peoples info the Jet chip and the other plug in type chips are mostly for pre 95 Explorers and Rangers/B II's. 95 and up you are way better off to use a tuner/flashpak thingy, 94 and earlier you do not have the ability to change settings with a plug in device.

Back