• Register Today It's free!

First Gen mod pics

TREID13

Reaction score
City, State
Phoenix, AZ (East Valley)
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 XLT 4WD
Hey guys, I'm looking for ideas on mods and would like to see pics of some first gens... here is what mine looks like:

100_0372.jpg

100_0373.jpg

100_0371.jpg

100_0364.jpg

Also, I would like to make friends with fellow forum members in AZ. I don't have a lot of buddies with 4WD vehicles, so would like to find some wheeling buddies.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Haha, got hit in the front end, slowly fixing it piece by piece. I plan to build a bumper for it, just haven't gotten around to it. You may notice the paint doesn't match on the LF fender. It's a work in progress, but aren't they all?

Do you mean visual or purely mechanical mods?

Do you mean visual or purely mechanical mods?

Visual, mechanical, whatever. I just like wrenching. Mine has a 2" Skyjacker lift, Warn manual front hubs, 31x10.50R-15LT General Grabbers, soon to be installed Skyjacker steering stabilizer, and a rebuilt (hopefully I'll get it back tomorrow.) A4LD beefed up a little so it hopefully doesn't fail in the next 40,000. I also installed an Autometer Trans-Temp gauge so I can avoid another trans failure. My dad purchased this truck new in 1991 (I was 9) and it has a fully documented maintenance history. A lot of the work was performed by either me or my dad. I purchased it from him in 2005 and have put 75K (for a total of 215K) on it since then. It hauled me and my sister around when we were kids and now it hauls my kids around, so it has a lot of sentimental value to me. I love this truck even though the transmission keeps grenading on me.

+1 with the custom bumpers, how do you like those generals, they are BA looking

The Generals are awesome, Great grip off road. I'm kinda over the red letters though, they are fading and all dirty, so I will probably flip them black out. I haven't re-geared yet, but I do plan on doing 4.10s in it. Just had the transmission re-built and so far so good. Trans-temp hovers right in between 160 and 180. Anybody else have any first gen pix? I love seeing modded Exploders, as they seem to be a rarity... at least in AZ.

1021101716.jpg
heres mine at the moment waiting for more lift up front

Nice bumper. You do that yourself?

I love seeing modded Exploders, as they seem to be a rarity... at least in AZ.

Especially when there bought and hauled outta state ;)

Bought this 3 years ago in Mesa

IMG00043.jpg

Whew where does the time go ?

Here is a few of mine.
100_0678.jpg

100_0686.jpg

Here is a few of mine.

This is my kind of rig - nice job. I prefer the narrow stance, lots of clearance but not too tall. If I step up my Sport from its current stance, it's going to be about the same as yours.

100_0678.jpg

IMG00045-20100725-1923.jpg

DSCN3377.jpg

DSCN3375.jpg

DSCN3377.jpg

It's a work in progress but like you said "aren't they all"

here's mine

P1010056.jpg

Bumpers are for sale

heres mine.. i finally figured out how to post pics
DSC00379.jpg

DSC00404.jpg

I think a custom front bumper would be my first mod if i were you.... heck, buy zuk's bumpers he seems to be selling them...

here's mine.. it's a work in progress still (trying to finish up the suspension and fender modifying this week, and the exo-cage by the end of the month)

257712341_photobucket_11433_.jpg

4.0/a4ld, 37" military tires, dana 60HP, sterling 10.25. approx 5.5" lift.

Nice trucks everybody!!! Keep posting... I'm getting lots of good ideas :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back