• Register Today It's free!

First....haha

XLT_66

Reaction score
City, State
GO TEXAS TECH
Year, Model & Trim Level
P.O.S. Mitsu Diamante
Well, i saw that i could be the first in a new section so i went for it.

Ok, i am looking to buy a 99-00 bumper for my 96, and i am waiting till bumpers.com gets some more, they are curently out. Ok, i was at explorerexpress.com and they don't have the airdam that i see on one of their X's. What is up with that, i want the one for the new bumpers but not the x-spec one. I just want the one that comes down under the fogs. Anyone know why they have not updated their site in like 6 months, there are a lot more parts in their catalog than online...you would think that since we give them so much business that they could at least keep an updated site for us. Are there any other good looking airdams for a 99-00 that are not outragiously
(sp?) expensive?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What is up with that, i want the one for the new bumpers but not the x-spec one. I just want the one that comes down under the fogs. Anyone know why they have not updated their site in like 6 months, there are a lot more parts in their catalog than online...you would think that since we give them so much business that they could at least keep an updated site for us. Are there any other good looking airdams for a 99-00 that are not outragiously

I like that air dam too (not the X-Spec, liek you said, the other one)...I'm just trying to justify blowing all that money on such a small thing, + paint and etc.

As For EE, they hardly ever update their site. I was surprised when you said they updated it 6 months ago, the last I checked it had been a full year since they put new stuff on it :eek: (goes to show how often I go there, huh?). Seriously, I got tired of opening their site just to see the same old, same old. Anybody know what's up with them?

i dont know, but i ordered some brake rotors from them over a month ago. still can not get in touch with them. they never charged my credit card, so i went somewere else. :shoot:

hold on, are you saying that a bumper from a 99-00 will fit my 96 xlt? under the chrome part of my bumper I have the grey valance and it doesn't even have the cutouts for the fog lights even though behind it the fogs are there. I was just gonna buy the valance with the fog cutouts but are you saying that one of those newer bumpers with the round fog lights will fit on a 96?

Originally posted by Spas
As For EE, they hardly ever update their site. I was surprised when you said they updated it 6 months ago, the last I checked it had been a full year since they put new stuff on it :eek: (goes to show how often I go there, huh?). Seriously, I got tired of opening their site just to see the same old, same old. Anybody know what's up with them?

Explorer Express is a good firm to do business wit, but you need to know what you want, Their website has not been updated in a long long time.

Come on guts, update it and believe it or not you will sell more goodies....

Originally posted by alphabets13
hold on, are you saying that a bumper from a 99-00 will fit my 96 xlt? under the chrome part of my bumper I have the grey valance and it doesn't even have the cutouts for the fog lights even though behind it the fogs are there. I was just gonna buy the valance with the fog cutouts but are you saying that one of those newer bumpers with the round fog lights will fit on a 96?

Yep, the newer style bumpers will bolt right on a 96. It has been done. Both TravisN1 and espnfreak have done it.

that's awesome. anyone know a good place to buy a newer style bumper like that other than a ford dealer? bumpers.com looke like it said the newer bumper was only for a 2 dr model?

The bumper from bumpers.com will fit a 4 door. They may not have the chrome trim that goes in the lower corners of the bumper, that didn't come on the Sports. So your bumper will look like it came from a Sport unless you stick the chrome pieces on when you get it. But both bumpers bolt on just the same.

Back