Fixing an audio system | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Fixing an audio system

praveen

Reaction score
City, State
Qatar, Qatar
Year, Model & Trim Level
I would like to change the present audio system (CD player) with JVC audio system in my 2006 Explorer.

Is there anybody who can provide me with step by step procedure to replace the present audio system with the new JVC audio system?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

^ That will get you close. The Crutchfield ones are more detailed. Tip: you don;t have to remove all the wiring harnesses behind the HVAC controls. I only had to remove the top "Passenger Airbag Warning" harness. You can then pull the center dash bezel far enough out -- so you can remove the radio.

I don't know if the document mentions it, but you'll want to:

1. Set parking brake.
2. Turn Key Ignition on (but don't start it), so you can move shift lever all the way down (back).
3. Now remove Neg battery cable, and proceed with instructions.

^ That will get you close. The Crutchfield ones are more detailed. Tip: you don;t have to remove all the wiring harnesses behind the HVAC controls. I only had to remove the top "Passenger Airbag Warning" harness. You can then pull the center dash bezel far enough out -- so you can remove the radio.

I don't know if the document mentions it, but you'll want to:

1. Set parking brake.
2. Turn Key Ignition on (but don't start it), so you can move shift lever all the way down (back).
3. Now remove Neg battery cable, and proceed with instructions.

Great tip!

All your valuable comments have helped me to replace the factory CD player with the one JVC I have bought. Thanks one and all. All your suggestions were perfectly useful. The audio quality is superb.

Thanks, aaronajb1981,cwescapexlt4x4 and kkreit01

All here are great supporters.

Back