Fixing that Faded Trim : Pics!!! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Fixing that Faded Trim : Pics!!!

Ok so today I had a little extra time on my hands and what did I do, work with my explorer of course! I am so tired of those ugly faded trim peices, so I jumped on here, found a thread about painting them, and did it! However, I noticed noone ever posts pics of their finished work to show that it DOES help make it look better. So say no more, here they are:

9686.jpg

9689.jpg

9688.jpg

9687.jpg

9690.jpg

For those interesed, I just went down to Autozone, picked up some Dupli-color "trim paint" in a spray car, and some 400 grit sand paper... sand it off, wipe it clean with a damp cloth, and spray away. Of course tape the area so you dont get overspray. (I could care less and just prayed I wouldnt screw anything up, and I was ok! No major overspray here!!!)

Anyways, any comments/questions... go ahead and ask... if I cant help, someone probably can.
--bryan

wow, way to make a guy feel like he's been neglecting his car! haha... its I know Im not the ONLY one to let it get that bad... ya know some of us are college students who HAVE JOBS and other things that keep us busy... we dont always have time to wash/wax.care for our cars like they deserve unfortunaltey... (thick THICK sarcasm)
Ok, Im out, I need to "study"...
--bryan

Originally posted by Soundguy01tx
wow, way to make a guy feel like he's been neglecting his car! haha... its I know Im not the ONLY one to let it get that bad... ya know some of us are college students who HAVE JOBS and other things that keep us busy... we dont always have time to wash/wax.care for our cars like they deserve unfortunaltey... (thick THICK sarcasm)
Ok, Im out, I need to "study"...
--bryan

Haha, well to let you know, I too HAVE a job... While I'm not a student, I've been thinking more about it (Always hated school and the "break" turned into a really looonnggg one)... And no, I don't always wash/wax mine, matter of fact, I rarely do... It just seems to look that good... :p Actually,it has looked like crap up close most of the time... And wasn't trying to make you feel like you didn't love the X, just saying I sanded mine down and it looked like that... Anyway, no hard feelings, I "hear" your sarcasm...

Back