Flip down DVD installation on a Mountaineer. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Flip down DVD installation on a Mountaineer.

ditto2010

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
mercury mountanieer
Hi, i need help with installing Flip Down DVD on my 2006 Mountanieer but I dont know where to find ACC+ and 12+ and Door Wires. Can anybody please show me where to find them with Pictures or color wires and where location. Thanks guys

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

door wire will be in the roof( its the same one that runs the int light on). the other 2 you will need to run.

Why do you need an acc. wire? I wired mine (in my 92) up to a constant, then for the built in dome lights, I just spliced into the stock dome lights.

Very simple to wire, just a PITA to mount (I did mine by myself, no one to help hold it or anything)

im guessing its like radios hot/ground/lights and ignition to turn the unit on and off when the car is not running so it dont kill the battery.

It shouldnt kill the battery as long as its off...we (me and the gf) used to watch 3-4 movies with my truck off and it'd fire up just fine.

I just wonder because ive seen4-5 installed before that only have the input/output wires, and then just a power and ground wire (w/ or w/o domelights)

Tnx guys for the fast reply , the ACC + its accessories but i dont have the Manual for the car and it dose not say on the Fuse cover so i was not sure which is which . I need the color of the wire, Mountaineer 2006. Thanks again

12 volt constant blue/red at radio harness
12 volt accessory green/white at radio harness
dome light wire is yellow/gray and is positive trigger

Let me tell you ,you guys are GREAT , i appreciate all your suggestions and ideas , I already love the forum and thanks for welcoming me and helping me from all of you. Thanks guys

Back