Floor mats/liners/cargo mats | Page 12 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Floor mats/liners/cargo mats

Thinking of buying weather tech liners for the front and second row and not for the third row guessing the third row is not going to get used a lot and maybe cargo liner down the road...Are they worth it?? How do people like the liners?? Would you get again?? Any input would be great. Thanks

I get them for all my vehicles. Well worth it. Love the ones in my 16 explorer.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thinking of buying weather tech liners for the front and second row and not for the third row guessing the third row is not going to get used a lot and maybe cargo liner down the road...Are they worth it?? How do people like the liners?? Would you get again?? Any input would be great. Thanks
My vote is and has been for the Husky liners since they cover more area and that part of the carpet all the way over to the door sill in the front. To my knowledge, WeatherTech has yet to come up with a similar one.

Peter

The Ford All weather mats are actually quite good IF and that is IF you are not in an area with a lot of snow. so Moderate areas I really like the FOMCO OEM mats. They just don't have a lot of depth so if you drag a lot of snow and muck then use something different.
I am in upstate NY in the snow belt and prefer the deeper ones. If anyone would like a set of new OEM mats I am parting with mine as I am using weather beaters. I will make you a screamer deal I don't need to keep them.

Attachments

• WeatherTech_001.JPG
    WeatherTech_001.JPG
    28.5 KB · Views: 531
  • Husky_001.JPG
    Husky_001.JPG
    25.8 KB · Views: 517

The Ford All weather mats are actually quite good IF and that is IF you are not in an area with a lot of snow. so Moderate areas I really like the FOMCO OEM mats. They just don't have a lot of depth so if you drag a lot of snow and muck then use something different.
I am in upstate NY in the snow belt and prefer the deeper ones. If anyone would like a set of new OEM mats I am parting with mine as I am using weather beaters. I will make you a screamer deal I don't need to keep them.

Interested in screamer deal :)

I purchased two pair of the Husky front floor liners for our 2 2016 Explorers, and both left side mats have problems. I called yesterday, and they said to heat them with a hair drier, which I did. Doesn't make any difference. I sent pictures today, and when I called back, they said that the engineer himself would be in contact. Both right side liners fit like a glove. I am wondering if they are having a quality control issue, or there molds are wearing out. The other problem, is that when you remove the liner, the tabs that hold them to the floor plugs, separate from the liner. The top piece comes off the liner, and the bottom part stays attached to the peg. See comments below each set of pictures.

This mat fits close on the door sill, and protects the carpet there, but there is a big gap where it is supposed to be next to the kick panel.

This liner fit tight against the kick panel, but left a gap at the door sill.

hm, those Husky's are nicer than the last couple models, the 2013 have the exact same bulge on the driver side, the passenger is snug. No floor grommets, only spikes.
FYI a bunch of other pics of Husky mats on here and the driver side was like that too, I thought it was normal, but the passenger side is perfect...

Hair dryer is what they recommend for bends or flex that was done by accident.
Wont cure this -that bulge wont give at all, and im always avoiding it using the parking brake so as not to get any wet gunk down there.

Got my answer from the engineer today. Not much help... Anyone have any pictures of the redesigned Weathertech lines for the Explorer? If my floor liners fit as well as those in the pictures that they sent, I wouldn't have had any reason to contact customer service.

A hairdryer could work on low settings--but I rarely recommend it as it can cause permanent deformation. A heat gun gets too hot for safe use. Heat would just help the liner relax back to its molded shape in lieu of summer temperatures.

Here are some photos taken in a 2016 Explorer at the local dealership. The liners should fit similarly. If the part gets a little misshapen in the packaging, I recommend "flexing" the liner in the reverse direction to help restore it to its formed shape. The carpeted piece that wraps around from the door edge towards the firewall is not a solid pieces and it can be moved around during entry/exit. It can be pulled back into position as well.

Please let me know if you have any other concerns.

I had the same problem with my Husky liners ... I should have waited for the Weathertechs.
You could have if less coverage is what you want. They don't cover to the door sill and only cover half way up the 'dead' pedal allowing slush/water etc to run down to the carpet. See post 233 where they have a proper fit. The surrounding lip I believe is also lower.

Peter

I ordered full set (3 rows) of weather tech liner

Sweet, how do you like those? Do they fit well? I have weather techs in my truck and love them! The wife wanted the all weather mats when we ordered the Explorer but the stock ones do not seem to provide the coverage needed for 2 kiddos

Sweet, how do you like those? Do they fit well? I have weather techs in my truck and love them! The wife wanted the all weather mats when we ordered the Explorer but the stock ones do not seem to provide the coverage needed for 2 kiddos

I don't know yet. I ordered like last night. Lol

It's kinda sad that I am really looking forward for the liners to get here.

I have the Husky's in mine, front, second row buckets, third row, cargo cover and the little back cover behind the third row seat. Of course, if I need to use the third row (I keep them folded up) I'll have to take out the cargo cover. Otherwise, they all stay in place.

TW

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I got the weather tech liner last night. The fit and finish as expected are awesome. The only concern I have is second row liner front part may not have enough angle up to contain any liquid in the event of spill. But with my OCD I don't think that will ever happen.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 324

Back