• Register Today It's free!

Flustrated

Brian Mossey

Reaction score
City, State
New Orleans
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 explorer limited
My 2013 Ford explorer makes a terrible noise when I go over bumps I've changed my struts I change my control arms how to change my sway bar links I put new rubber bushings on the sway bar and still have the noise any advice on what it could be

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum Brian.:wave:

Peter

Welcome Brian. Make sure the calipers, & the caliper mounts are tight. The next time when you are going over bumps & you hear the noise step lightly on the brakes & see if the noise goes away, it could also be a brake pad rattling if the anti rattle clip is broken. You could also have someone push up & down on the front of the truck & listen to see if you hear any noise.

Check any heats shields on the exhaust system to see if anything is loose. Broken welds on the catalytic converter heat shield was common on earlier Explorers. The noise was most evident when hitting sharp bumps.

There are several threads on this topic. This thread may give you an idea or two:

Symptoms of bad front strut bearings?

My first guess would have been strut bearing mounts on either the left or right side without knowing much information. Again the the thread may help you diagnose your problem.

I checked that too
Check any heats shields on the exhaust system to see if anything is loose. Broken welds on the catalytic converter heat shield was common on earlier Explorers. The noise was most evident when hitting sharp bumps.
There are several threads on this topic. This thread may give you an idea or two:

Symptoms of bad front strut bearings?

My first guess would have been strut bearing mounts on either the left or right side without knowing much information. Again the the thread may help you diagnose your problem.
I change the struts

My 2013 Ford explorer makes a terrible noise when I go over bumps I've changed my struts I change my control arms how to change my sway bar links I put new rubber bushings on the sway bar and still have the noise any advice on what it could be
Did you get this figured out yet? I have the same issue with my 2011 Explorer. I have changed out so many front suspension parts and now another clunking noise and I can't figure it out. Thanks.

Did you get this figured out yet? I have the same issue with my 2011 Explorer. I have changed out so many front suspension parts and now another clunking noise and I can't figure it out. Thanks.
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Check out this post. I doubt that would be your issue given how long you've had the vehicle. Popping noises when turning?

Peter

Back