1. Holiday Special! - 2 for 1 Elite Explorer sale!

Right now you can purchase an Elite Explorer membership for $20 and receive a two year membership!

Click Here to start your membership and get rid of the ads!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Tip...
    If you hold most smartphones sideways
    you can bring up a more full featured version of the forum.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Fng

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Greekwhiteboy, November 9, 2019.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. Greekwhiteboy

Greekwhiteboy New Member

City, State:
    Tacoma
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    1996 Ford Explorer XLT
    Hey everyone. This is my first time on a forum ever in my life although I've read through plenty of them. I am currently working on my 1996 Explorer XLT with a 5.0 in it.bought this truck all beat to hell and have slowly been replacing damn near everything. I ran into a problem with the oil cooler leaking all over so I ordered a remote filter kit to install. Only problem is that the kit didn't include an adapter that goes into the block where the oem oil adapter bolt would normally go. I've called ford and searched everywhere for the size of this bolt but not only has the whole set up been discontinued, the size of the bolt isn't included in their catalogs and they can't tell you. So I'm hoping someone out there knows the size of this bolt so I can have something machined up. By the way, I notified the maker of this product of the omission of this critical part and they pretty much told to me tough shit. Be ready to be disappointed if you order anything from trans-dapt. And they recommended a fram filter.i should have known. Thanks for any help in advance!
    Part number E8TZ-6894-A

Last edited: November 9, 2019
  2. Support EF

Elite Explorer 2 for 1 Sale! $20 for 2 years!

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. BrooklynBay

BrooklynBay Moderator & long time member. Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
    Brooklyn, NY
    88 89 93 95 96 Aerostars
  4. Josh P

Josh P Shaggin Wagon Elite Explorer

City, State:
    Phoenix Az
    1991 aerostar
    I'd change the threaded bung out in the block to use the 95 and earlier stuff. Welcome to the forum!

5. Mike65

Mike65 Elite Explorer

Media:
    In my garage working on one of our vehicles.
    City, State:
    Toms River, NJ
    00 Ranger 4x4, 99 Sport.
    Welcome.

6. Greekwhiteboy

Greekwhiteboy New Member

City, State:
    Tacoma
    1996 Ford Explorer XLT
    Hey thanks for the reply! This kit has the same seal you're talking about.im going to use hose clamps as well and see how it turns out. Ended up just have a nipple fabricated at the shop to accommodate kit.

7. Greekwhiteboy

Greekwhiteboy New Member

City, State:
    Tacoma
    1996 Ford Explorer XLT
    Thank you!

8. Greekwhiteboy

Greekwhiteboy New Member

City, State:
    Tacoma
    1996 Ford Explorer XLT
    Thanks for the welcome and advice! I actually didn't look at the bung as close as I wanted to due to the location. Had to unbolt the upper control arm just to get to the filter housing bolt friggin frustrating. If the whole assembly is removable with motor installed that would be optimal. I'll be tearing it all out again tomorrow so I'll look.

• Like Like x 1