1. Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Dismiss Notice

Fog Lights on Base Pre 2016 Model

Discussion in 'Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods' started by Razziel24, March 27, 2011.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1. JasonB13

JasonB13 New Member

City, State:
    PA
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2014 Explorer base model
    Ok, I need help !! I bought a kit off eBay and it works with a separate switch.I bought an OEM headlight switch with the fog light button I hooked it up and when I push the button for fog lights I can hear something "click" Relay under the dash Maybe the BCM?

What I need help on is if I wire the positive wire from the harness to the BCM which wire do I tap into for power? I have FORscan and have been in where I can activate the fog lights. I really want this off the OEM switch can anyone please help me I seem to be almost there just want to know the color codes so I don't jack something up.thank you

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no advertisements, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. Xlrick1969

Xlrick1969 New Member

City, State:
    Thompson, Connecticut
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    14 Explorer base level
    Does the whole front fascia have to come off to install the fog light assembly?