• Register Today It's free!

fog lights on stock bumper?

94beastx

Reaction score
City, State
Aiken, South Carolina
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 Sport
does anyone have pictures of aftermarket fog lights installed on the stock front bumper? is this possible?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

for which year... there were a lot of versions

LMC truck has blown up diagrams of evry explorer's fox light mounts

well i meant to post this under 91-94 but it ended up under 95-01. i'm looking for 94. and im looking for a round light on top of the bumper in front of the grill, not the rectangle lights in the bumper

Surreal NJ's rig:

IMG_3719.jpg

Colindo's truck:

SAS_pics_046.jpg

Fire Zapper's rig:

clean003-1.jpg

Plenty more pics in this thread:

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130931

And some here too:

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=213524

wow i kinda feel like a jackass for asking such a stupid question. sorry for not spending enough time looking through the forum, i actually stumbled upon a few pics by accident. thanks a ton Paraphoe and Electrohacker

Anytime, man. :thumbsup:

Here's on a My '97 Mountaineer. I figured why not :D

Foglight2.jpg

Foglight1.jpg

does anyone have pictures of aftermarket fog lights installed on the stock front bumper? is this possible?

Anything is possible with a little bit of ingenuity... well most things, anyways.;)

Anyone have any replacement recommendations for the stock rectangle locations in 95-97's? Mine are quite yellowed--even after using headlight restore etc.

vroom-that bumper still kills me. Went thru all the pages to your bumper build (again) earlier this morning! Not hard for someone with Real Skillz like you!! evil is still one of my favorite Ex's on this site and its not even lifted.

Not ready to tackle your project yet. Still amazed at the quality of your welds/paint etc.

I've had other cars with lights mounted on the bumper, and they've always gotten knocked off and broken. Parking in The City is rough.

Anyone have any replacement recommendations for the stock rectangle locations in 95-97's? Mine are quite yellowed--even after using headlight restore etc.

Just take out the light housings and install new lights in those holes. Or you could do a parts number search, and replace them with new OEM lights. I installed yellow bulbs to replace the OEM white bulbs.

I should have been more specific. I have already replaced the foglight bulbs with Xenon? bulbs. Big difference, much brighter etc. I was wondering if there was an actual aftermarket replacement for the entire foglight that would fit in the stock brackets. I believe someone on the site replaced them with Pilot? brand many many years ago and didnt need to alter the lower valance.

It sounds like what you could do is remove the entire light, measure the dimensions of the housing, then take the light & your notes, and go shopping for something that will fit.

If my memory is correct, the OEM bulbs are 37.5 Watts each. Inside of the power distribution box, under the hood on the driver side, there is a 15 AMP mini fuse which feeds the fog lamp relay. Based on the formula of 15 AMPs X 12 Volts, you should be able to safely run up to 180 Watts, or up to 90 Watts per side. In theory, if you find 55Watt fog lights that fit into the housing, you should be able to install them by splicing right into the factory wiring for the bulb connectors.

Of course I haven't done this myself yet, so I don't know if it will really work. Let's see what everyone else has done with their lights. I see a lot of photos of the lights, but no photos of wiring. I'm curious as to how they configured their wiring. The last thing that you want to do is install wiring that is not safe.

Thanks Fifty! I agree on the safety factor etc. And for anyone looking for the exact OEM look, that amazon link is extremely reasonable, especially considering they come with the brackets. I am still searching for something a little different looking.

Back