Fog Lights on XLT | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Fog Lights on XLT

scoutexplorer

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer XLT AWD
Just ordered the 2020 XLT 4x4 with standard 200A package. Bummed that the only way to get fog lights is to add 202A which is a significant price bump.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Priced a 2020 online a few weeks ago. Price was high; not alot of ability to delete stuff I didn’t really want. There are great deals on 2019’s now and still a large inventory selection, so I ended up with a new 2019.

Just ordered the 2020 XLT 4x4 with standard 200A package. Bummed that the only way to get fog lights is to add 202A which is a significant price bump.

If I'm reading the Order Guide right:

202A = $5,140
8-Way Power Passenger Seats
ActiveX Seating Material
Remote Start System
LED Fog Lamps​

That is crazy expensive for what you get, good choice skipping it!

You are correct. Without the 202A package you do not get any fog lamps.

Peter

Like Joe Pesche said, "They just trying to F@#k you"

I debated this issue being a deal breaker. Going from a 15 XLT to a new XLT, I felt I shouldn't lose features. I have the 202A, but I lost the automatic rear view mirror and blinker lights on the side mirrors. Small stuff for everything I gained. I decided the loss of these couple things and forced into the 202A for fog lights wasn't a deal breaker after all.
If they had an XLT with 200A on lot, I still might have bought that, hoping to add fog lights later. They have to come out with the kit at some point.
Love this new Explorer!

According to Donlen, the XLT with 200A package shows late availability -- likely not available until Q1, 2020:

https://www.donlen.com/production-trucks-ford.html

If this info is accurate, you won't find an XLT with 200A on any lot.

I wouldn't rely on that information. We have them in our area.
Regardless, these 2020's are flying off the lots. They aren't lasting more than a couple days at the dealer that I got mine from. (This isn't mine)
Screenshot_20190717-204907.png

But is that an XLT with the 200A package?

Peter

Back