Ford A6 Navigation SD Card | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ford A6 Navigation SD Card

A4 to A6 nav card replacement.

Just installed my A6 card today. Has more POI's near me in small towns. I had a A4 card before in my 2014 explorer.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum john2770.:wavey:
I can assure you that you will be asked where you got it and for how much.;)

Also, it may be helpful in addressing future concerns if you added the model of your Explorer to your profile so that it appears in the margin.

Peter

SD Nav card

I just purchased the A6 nav card from my local dealer. I got the Internet price for the chip 160.00 with tax. In the parking lot of the dealer I ripped open the new chip and removed the old one. Then I started to explore the map only to find out that a major highway is missing from the SD card. This highway has been in the works for over 20 years and under construction for the last 10, with the final segment being completed this past October 2014. If this major highway is not on the map chip what else is missing. I know a stupid question .. I don't know what I don't know. I contacted Here the map maker and they expressed they were sorry but .. Ok it's missing. I'm thinking about returning the chip to the dealer, I still have mo old chip and just use my phone for nav. At least my phone get updated, hell my daughters Tom tom gps gets updated more frequently than our nav systems. I guess I'm just frustrated at ford for letting this map chip get sold without all the current data on the card. My next step is to contact ford and let them know about the issue. We will see what happens

Tom Tom and Garmin etc, are updated by downloading software so it is easier to do. The Ford current navigation system is not capable of doing the same. It has also been mentioned that navigation updates to the SD cards could be as much as a year or more behind.

Peter

I just purchased the A6 nav card from my local dealer. I got the Internet price for the chip 160.00 with tax. In the parking lot of the dealer I ripped open the new chip and removed the old one. Then I started to explore the map only to find out that a major highway is missing from the SD card. This highway has been in the works for over 20 years and under construction for the last 10, with the final segment being completed this past October 2014. If this major highway is not on the map chip what else is missing. I know a stupid question .. I don't know what I don't know. I contacted Here the map maker and they expressed they were sorry but .. Ok it's missing. I'm thinking about returning the chip to the dealer, I still have mo old chip and just use my phone for nav. At least my phone get updated, hell my daughters Tom tom gps gets updated more frequently than our nav systems. I guess I'm just frustrated at ford for letting this map chip get sold without all the current data on the card. My next step is to contact ford and let them know about the issue. We will see what happens

Ford has little or nothing to do with the geodata on the SD cards, its a contract supplier, TeleNav. They are currently responsible for the accuracy and updating of the geodata. They have a link to provide them with new or modified data.

http://www.telenav.com/products/auto/

http://www.telenav.com/about/pr/pr-20150107a.html

A6 Saskatoon

That would be awesome SGT1411!
If you could try the address:
2161 Spadina Crescent W
Saskatoon, SK S7M 4E5

and see if there is a bridge over the river to the east, that would be much appreciated!
:thumbsup:

Hi - yes the bridge is on there. Just got A6 yesterday and am watching to see what else has changed.

Hi - yes the bridge is on there. Just got A6 yesterday and am watching to see what else has changed.
Welcome to the Forum.:wavey:

Also if anyone with a 2016 model with nav could check their card and post what they have it would be appreciated.:thumbsup:

Peter

A6 cost

Hi
I am from Gatineau quebec Canada.
just my 2 cents,

If the sd card A6 is 149.99
At this price We can buy A full gps with lifetime map update. How do they come up with this price? how can this price is justify?
I mind as well keep using my old nuvi 350 that has free lifetime update. Why would somebody pays 149.00 for a one time update, this is not a lifetime update.
Im probably missing something.

When I have purchased my truck in 2013 the salesman ford dealer told me the updates are free and I would get them automatically in the mail.
tk's

Ford explorer limited 2013

Our 2016 came with the a6 card

Our 2016 came with the a6 card

This maybe a dumb question, but how does one check to see if they have an A6 vs A5 card? Is it as simple as removing it and checking it? :confused:

This maybe a dumb question, but how does one check to see if they have an A6 vs A5 card? Is it as simple as removing it and checking it? :confused:
Yes, it should be on the card.

Peter

Yes, it should be on the card.

Peter

Thanks for the welcome Peter... :biggthump
I'll check the card when I get home to make sure I got the A6 version.

Cheers. :chug:

Thanks for the welcome Peter... :biggthump
I'll check the card when I get home to make sure I got the A6 version.

Cheers. :chug:

You can also look it up in the settings on the MFT. It tells you which map version you got.

Mine was an early build with 5/11/15 and I have the A6 card, so I would believe you do too :)

Back