Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Ford Edge

Discussion in 'Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion' started by kirstenb, August 5, 2014.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. kirstenb

kirstenb New Member

Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2014 explorer xlt
    Mods, feel free to move this---wasn't sure where to post. My sister has an 08 Escape and will need to replace it at some point. I was looking at the Edge for her. Has seating for 5 and looks like it has more room than the new Escape. Plus the Edge just looks good, LOL!!

My question is: My 2014 Explorer weight is roughly 4800 lbs. Why is the Edge so much heavier (over 5000 lbs?) Thanks!!

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. omar302

omar302 Active Member

City, State:
    Doha
    2016 Ford Edge Sport
    The Edge weighs between ~4080 lbs for a FWD 3.5L to a maximum of ~4470 for an AWD 3.7L Sport. It is lighter than the Explorer.

Also, the newly refreshed 2015 is just around the corner, if your not in hurry, wait for it, much improved.

4. kirstenb

kirstenb New Member

2014 explorer xlt
    Thanks Omar, I must have misread the stats somewhere. Yes, she'd definitely wait til the 2015. I've seen so many Edges around here lately---we definitely live in a Ford town.

5. Rubberhead

Rubberhead Active Member

City, State:
    Fort Mill, SC
    '07 E.Bauer & '14 XLT 4WD
    When my '03 V8 Ex needed replacing I offered to buy my wife a new Edge and take her '07 Explorer for myself. She said something to the effect of 'no way in heck' was I getting her Explorer from her. So, I bought me a new Explorer.

For those of you who might ask why I didn't give her the new Explorer: that wasn't the offer... :)

6. Halwg

Halwg Active Member

City, State:
    WV
    2018 Explorer Base 2.3L E
    My neighbor has a 2014 Edge in Ruby Red, same color as my Explorer. Together you can tell they are siblings, with the Edge being the Explorer's little brother.