• Register Today It's free!

Ford Explorer (Caucasus, Russia)

Chirko

Reaction score
City, State
Enem, Adigeya
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer 1991 Eddie Bauer
Hello! I am a new member of the forum . I'm from Russia. My car in the photo. My purpose - communication . Here, in the largest forum dedicated to the Ford Explorer, you can learn a lot of useful information. I've read many topics on your forum, I learned a lot. Car Ford Explorer 1gn quite simple. I've already done a lot of work on it . So perhaps I can also give advice ) ) At the moment I'm doing a full recovery. I want to bring the car to its original condition . Although I think a little bit to process audio. My last project https://www.drive2.ru/l/1105878/. I will be glad to hear ideas : where to embed a touch panel in Explorer 1. Where to place the system unit.Take the team owners Ford Explorer. I apologize for the awful English. I use a translator.

13761533_m.jpg
13761534_m.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the forum. Always good to see international Explorers! It looks lifted, did you put that lift on?

Welcome! How did a US spec Explorer make it to Russia? Looks good!

Welcome to the forum. Always good to see international Explorers! It looks lifted, did you put that lift on?
I bought it here in Russia last year. Here we experience some difficulties with the acquisition of spare parts. We find something in the United States, books on Ebay! Some parts we buy in the secondary market (disassemble old and broken cars). This vehicle is quite a bit raised. Rear spring lugs are made independently. In the near future welding and painting for the body. But the car will remain in this form, with factory label, this color scheme! Thank you for your answers!

13763406_m.jpg

13763405_m.jpg

Welcome! How did a US spec Explorer make it to Russia? Looks good!
These cars were imported to us in the 90s right out of the United States, Australia and other countries businessmen. State Policies on import was not. Now these cars have very little. My car was put on the market in Germany. some stickers and speedometer in km/h on this point. Concerning this car and all of the American automotive industry opinion is - the US does the simple , large , reliable cars that are quite serviceable . In Russian with bad maintenance. Most of the work on the car , we do ourselves . We still can find cars with a manual gearbox . This car with a manual transmission !

I think 92exp4x4 is talking about the US version versus the Euro version. The headlights on the US version didn't pass Euro requirements so Ford made a Euro model that had sealed beam type headlights. It's supposed to look like this:
http://www.therangerstation.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1492607&postcount=3

It's interesting that you got a US model shipped to Russia. Pretty cool!

Anyone know what front bumper that is?

It's common to the limited edition in the US. The grill and side trim are the same as well. Below is my limited. Mine has the incorrect wheels at this time.

You have a very nice explorer, Chirko. Even more rare, an Eddie Bauer with a manual transmission!

IMG_20160731_200045387_HDR.jpg

It's common to the limited edition in the US. The grill and side trim are the same as well. Below is my limited. Mine has the incorrect wheels at this time.

You have a very nice explorer, Chirko. Even more rare, an Eddie Bauer with a manual transmission!

View attachment 91893

His bumper looks completely different than yours. All chrome, no plastic strip

Huh? I don't see any all chrome bumpers without the plastic trim in this thread.

Chirko's front bumper looks like a standard Eddie Bauer bumper to me. It's not all chrome, the picture is a little misleading because of the light.

That truck must have been imported into Germany, probably by a U.S. serviceman? Maybe that is why it has U.S. spec headlights. ?? Sometimes our Explorers are like stray dogs. If only they could talk about the places they have been...

I see it, someone has removed the bottom trim. His license plate kinda throws it off a bit too.

Chirko's front bumper looks like a standard Eddie Bauer bumper to me. It's not all chrome, the picture is a little misleading because of the light.

That truck must have been imported into Germany, probably by a U.S. serviceman? Maybe that is why it has U.S. spec headlights. ?? Sometimes our Explorers are like stray dogs. If only they could talk about the places they have been...
I agree. I wish I could hear the stories my vehicles could tell.

Oh, you're talking about the piece that hangs down? I thought you meant the plastic strip that is attached on the face of the bumper (which is still there). I've removed mine because it was busted up and wavy. I also moved the bumper forward and down, looks much better IMO.

Wait, you're not talking about the piece that hangs down. He still has the trim on the face, it's just hard to tell. Look at the left side where it bulges out around the corner. It's there. With that trim removed, I believe there's holes in the bumper left behind. I was tempted to remove that as well but it makes the bumper look old school.

Sometimes our Explorers are like stray dogs
:burnout:It is so indeed! To resolve the dispute, here is a photo of the bumper. Yes, it's bumper like Eddie Bauer!
13816299_m.jpg

13816278_m.jpg

With regard to the model. This is not the Highest European model . It simply brought to the US to Europe , and then in Russia in 2000 . The taillights without orange lights. This is unacceptable in Europe. And it was forbidden in Russia . Only the orange turn signal . European Explorer looks completely different. Rhett right!
13816455_m.jpg

that's a real European
germanex-jpg.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I also removed the flooring to be cleaned. On the floor under the passenger seat and under the carpet I found this. And German coin.
13817333_m.jpg

13817335_m.jpg

13817336_m.jpg

13817197_m.jpg

13817198_m.jpg

This is probably the document attached by the manufacturer.

Back