• Register Today It's free!

Ford explorer sport burnout

Harold aleman

Reaction score
City, State
Mexico city
Year, Model & Trim Level
Ford explorer sport 2017
hey guys, i just got a 2017 ford explorer sport which has intelligent 4wd, but sometimes the sistem switches to fwd for better fuel economy, does anyone know how i can disable 4wd to make a burnout in it ?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum Harold.:wave:
The Explorer is a FWD biased vehicle that reverts to AWD when sensors so deem necessary. To my knowledge there is no way to turn that off. I don't think even turning Traction Control off will accomplish that. Also if you are attempting a 'burnout' it may be wise until the engine is fully broken in.
From the Owner's Manual regarding engine break-in;
Avoid driving too fast during the first 1000
miles (1600 kilometers). Vary your speed
frequently and change up through the
gears early. Do not labor the engine.

Peter

The Explorer is a FWD biased vehicle that reverts to AWD when sensors so deem necessary. To my knowledge there is no way to turn that off. I don't think even turning Traction Control off will accomplish that. Also if you are attempting a 'burnout' it may be wise until the engine is fully broken in.

Peter
The engine is already bri

Peter
i already broke the engine in, thank you so much for your time

Why would you even want to do a burn-out???

It would be interesting to know if the AWD system can be set to 100% rear bias. Grand Cherokee SRT has electronic AWD also, but you can electronically set it to 100% rear bias to do burnouts if you want.

I was actually thinking that it might be possible to create an electronic controller to control the AWD system. I know a lot of STI and EVO guys have an aftermarket controller to set their 4wd systems with more of a rear bias. I have no clue if this is possible on the Explorer, but it got me thinking...

Something like this:
http://www.hpamotorsports.com/product_haldex.html

I love a good burnout, don't listen to the nay-sayers:cool: I'm in for what you discover. I drive in 'sand mode' all the time for a lil wheelspin:burnout:

The Explorer has one of the most sophisticated AWD systems that senses wheel slip in a thousandth of a second so I would guess doing a burnout on dry pavement will be difficult.

Add a 93 octane performance tune/ turn off traction control/ at a stop with plenty of room around, cut the wheel all the way to the right/ floor it/ after it breaks loose go a few feet and cut it back to the left to straighten out.

Disclaimer... This was performed by a trained professional on a closed course in Mexico. Do not try this at home.

Go old school and pour dish soap or spray wd40 on your tire treads and burnout all day!

Eat your heart out! :crazy:
Hey what's that noise? How much are half shafts? That's warranty right...RIGHT???
Why are tires so damn expensive?
I was cool, wasn't I??? :laugh:

hey guys, i just got a 2017 ford explorer sport which has intelligent 4wd, but sometimes the sistem switches to fwd for better fuel economy, does anyone know how i can disable 4wd to make a burnout in it ?
Add a 93 octane performance tune/ turn off traction control/ at a stop with plenty of room around, cut the wheel all the way to the right/ floor it/ after it breaks loose go a few feet and cut it back to the left to straighten out.

Disclaimer... This was performed by a trained professional on a closed course in Mexico. Do not try this at home.

why would you want to burn out the driveline on purpose?:confused:

all the lower powered 4WD/AWD vehicles need to be secured to keep them from moving, doesn't prove much :snicker:

Eat your heart out! :crazy:
Hey what's that noise? How much are half shafts? That's warranty right...RIGHT???
Why are tires so damn expensive?
I was cool, wasn't I??? :laugh:

Back