• Register Today It's free!

Ford Explorer ST

LIVIO

Reaction score
City, State
York Region, Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
17 Ford Explorer Platinum
Hey everyone, now that Ford has officially confirmed that a "performance" Ford Explorer ST is due to be released for 2020, is anyone going to order one?

I have told my local Ford dealer to secure the 1st spot for me and submit and order as soon as they can although it seems to be at least a year away.

I think the Ford Explorer ST is going to be a success as I do the Ford Edge ST as well.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey everyone, now that Ford has officially confirmed that a "performance" Ford Explorer ST is due to be released for 2020, is anyone going to order one........
Not even considering it until there is more factual information on it and the rest of the lineup. Also want to see what Lincoln will have at that time.

Peter

Good luck buying the first of a whole new model/platform. It will be like a Beta version and you will be finding all the bugs for Ford. The first couple years of completely new models are generally a nightmare.

If I'm fond of a completely new model, I usually wait until the 3rd year to buy it. Most bugs have been squashed by then.

Good luck buying the first of a whole new model/platform. It will be like a Beta version and you will be finding all the bugs for Ford. The first couple years of completely new models are generally a nightmare.

If I'm fond of a completely new model, I usually wait until the 3rd year to buy it. Most bugs have been squashed by then.
Ordered my 2011 Limited in December 2010 sight unseen, except for pictures, mainly because they were not on dealer lots yet. No issues with it during the 3 years I had it other than the rain sensing wipers would sometimes do a 'swipe' on a nice sunny day. I do agree that it takes a while to iron out the bugs on a "new model/platform" but that can be said of subsequent years as well although to a lesser extent. I wouldn't have any hesitation in getting the 2020 Explorer or Lincoln Aviator if it's appealing and in my price range.:)

Peter

Ordered my 2011 Limited in December 2010 sight unseen, except for pictures, mainly because they were not on dealer lots yet. No issues with it during the 3 years I had it other than the rain sensing wipers would sometimes do a 'swipe' on a nice sunny day. I do agree that it takes a while to iron out the bugs on a "new model/platform" but that can be said of subsequent years as well although to a lesser extent. I wouldn't have any hesitation in getting the 2020 Explorer or Lincoln Aviator if it's appealing and in my price range.:)

Peter

Just the number of TSBs issued for the 11 and 12s show there were many bugs to be worked out. I bet if you drove as many miles as most of us, you would have has experienced many more issues.

Just the number of TSBs issued for the 11 and 12s show there were many bugs to be worked out. I bet if you drove as many miles as most of us, you would have has experienced many more issues.
Good point. Now that you brought that up I recall that the next owner did have the PTU issue.

Back