Ford Extended Service Plans (ESP) | Page 21 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Is it true that us Canadians can buy ESP from US dealers and it's honored here in Canada?
If I can save a grand or so (factoring exchange rate), I would go that route.
Ballpark figure here is $3500 or so.

Last I've heard is you have to have a US address to purchase at those U.S. prices. you'd save well beyond $1,000 CDN.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Is it true that us Canadians can buy ESP from US dealers and it's honored here in Canada?
If I can save a grand or so (factoring exchange rate), I would go that route.
Ballpark figure here is $3500 or so.

As stated, you must have a US address. Biggest factor is labor rates and exchange rates which is why they don't allow you to cross shop. In regards to labor rates, it has to do with the contracted warranty labor rate in Canada vs USA.. I am assuming the techs get paid a higher rate hence the higher price..

That was per Joel when I talked to him about it. Ford put a stop to it in October 2014.

^^ thanks for confirming guys.

Ok I just sent a esp request to Joel at two rivers ford...... There on line form will not let you chose a 2017 Ford Explorer..... So I picked 2016 and stated a 2017 in the comment section as well as this forum name.... We will see what happens......

Did you send a 2017 VIN? If you don't hear back by Monday, let me know.

Did you send a 2017 VIN? If you don't hear back by Monday, let me know.

Yes I did and already got this replay...

Harry,

I will follow up shortly with a ESP quote for you.

Regards,

Joel Hawley
Sales Manager
Two Rivers Ford
76 Belinda Parkway
Mount Juliet, TN 37122
(800) 654-6473

hawley.jpg

Now waiting to see what the bottom line is..... If it's good enough.... When my explorer gets here I may just drive down there to get it..... Good day trip.......

Got a quote back from Two Rivers Ford...... Bottom line they had the best price...... They get my money..... Just as soon as my X gets in my eager hands.......

Thanks to Joel and blwnsmoke for the heads up......

Sounds good. Fantastic guy to deal with.

Highly recommend the enhanced rental option if you were not getting it. No other way to do it IMO. I have had 2 Ford Expeditions and a Mustang convertible for rentals with my enhanced rental. Much better then a focus...

With the ESP, Ford requires a Ford product as a rental, a nice change.. never understood why they would pay to put you in a competitors car.

Sounds good. Fantastic guy to deal with.

Highly recommend the enhanced rental option if you were not getting it. No other way to do it IMO. I have had 2 Ford Expeditions and a Mustang convertible for rentals with my enhanced rental. Much better then a focus...

With the ESP, Ford requires a Ford product as a rental, a nice change.. never understood why they would pay to put you in a competitors car.

Is that the same as first day rental?

Is that the same as first day rental?

No, additional. First day gets you $30 per day on day one. You add enhanced and it gets you $60 a day. It is under $100 for it.

was looking to upgrade my CPO warranty to the premium care warranty for 8 years/125K miles. It's still in the 12 month 12K miles bumper to bumper warranty from the program. Will the premium care warranty cover TSBs as well if its outside of original manufacter warranty?

was looking to upgrade my CPO warranty to the premium care warranty for 8 years/125K miles. It's still in the 12 month 12K miles bumper to bumper warranty from the program. Will the premium care warranty cover TSBs as well if its outside of original manufacter warranty?
A TSB is covered under the manufacturer's 3 year, 36k mile warranty and the ESP. If that initial warranty has expired and then you purchase an ESP it would be considered and bought as a "used car" ESP warranty which has a higher cost. What I'm not sure about is if TSB's are still covered under it in that case. I'm sure that someone (blwnsmoke?) will have the answer to that.

Peter

If you buy within the bumper to bumper, they are covered. If you buy a used car esp from Ford, they are still the same plans as new car ESPs so they will still be covered. The plans are just more expensive as used cars. As the mileage increases, the options become more limited.

Example, my vehicle is about to hit 100,000 miles. I may be extending my ESP with another one (used car esp) but they do not offer the Premium one if I am over 100k. You can only get up to the next level down. But a TSB would be covered if that particular part is listed as a covered part on the ESP.

Hopefully that didn't confuse you.

Got a quote back from Two Rivers Ford...... Bottom line they had the best price...... They get my money..... Just as soon as my X gets in my eager hands.......

Thanks to Joel and blwnsmoke for the heads up......

Thanks for the heads-up, I just contacted Joel for a quote on my 2016 Sport

If you buy within the bumper to bumper, they are covered. If you buy a used car esp from Ford, they are still the same plans as new car ESPs so they will still be covered. The plans are just more expensive as used cars. As the mileage increases, the options become more limited.

Example, my vehicle is about to hit 100,000 miles. I may be extending my ESP with another one (used car esp) but they do not offer the Premium one if I am over 100k. You can only get up to the next level down. But a TSB would be covered if that particular part is listed as a covered part on the ESP.

Hopefully that didn't confuse you.

Thanks for the information. Seems like a no brainier to extent to 2021 and 100k miles for 1.5k

Thanks for the information. Seems like a no brainier to extent to 2021 and 100k miles for 1.5k

I hear ya.. I just looked it up and I paid $1,710 for my 6yr/125k warranty, $100 deductible with 1st day rental option.

I'm about $1,200 into it as far as repairs go.. I'm hoping my PTO goes so I can get it replaced before my ESP is over. If I do go with another extended, the max I can get is a 24month/24k warranty which would cover me till it is about 7 1/2 years old.

Debating on doing that or selling it and getting a new vehicle by next May when my 6 years is up.

Also, if you go through Joel, he'll let you do the 24 month payments at 0% interest. All you have to do is pay the first 10% down up front.

I'm just going to drive down to Nashville when my X gets here in August.... And get everything done then..... 7 year 100,000.... Be a good day trip in the new X.....

Hi Joel - Sent you a request for a '16 Explorer Platinum last night. Let me know what you can do. I know you are busy. Thx

Hi Joel - Sent you a request for a '16 Explorer Platinum last night. Let me know what you can do. I know you are busy. Thx

Joel is not a vendor on this forum. I keep in touch with him every once and a while (no affiliation) so if your don't hear back within 48 hours let me know.

I just emailed him this morning about my brother in laws truck and he got back to me in 20 min.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Joel completed my purchase of an ESP in one day, 7/19. I received the final paperwork this morning.

Back