Ford Extended Service Plans (ESP) | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Got mine through Flood, no issues. I actually called back about 2 weeks later and added the 1st day rental option. The guy I talked to was great and very helpful he had to cancel the first ESP and do a new contract with the rental option. I would recommend them.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Can you get the ESP through Flood Ford for a Canadian Ford Vehicle?

The quote option asks me for a State...nowhere do I see a province option.

Thanks!

Can you get the ESP through Flood Ford for a Canadian Ford Vehicle?

The quote option asks me for a State...nowhere do I see a province option.

Thanks!

Wasn't able to figure out Canada but I did find out it's a no go for us Floridians. Explains why all the dealers give us the same numbers and look at us funny when we say we are trying to shop around. D'oh!

Thanks for the info...still a little confused of it will work or not.

For those that bought a Canadian ESP...what did you pay?

Cheers!
Matt
Matt, I paid $1175+tax for a 48 month 80K Leasecare warranty with rental and no deductable. Dealer said if I wanted to buy the Ex at lease end, he would sell me the Premium package for 7 year, 80K for an extra $900.
The catch is that it has to be bought before the original 3 year warranty expires.
It is the mileage, not the number of years that has the greatest effect on the warranty cost. I don't drive that much (9800kms in 16 months) so the 80K will do me.

Also, there was a U.S. Ford employee who posted that Ford may be persuing a lawsuit against companys like Flood and Ziegler and others that sell these ESP plans at a loss. If successful, that may nulify the contracts and buyers would receive a pro-rated refund.
I have no knowledge if this is accurate or not. There are Canadian members who have bought ESP from U.S. dealers, but as always, buyer beware.
Good luck Matt.

Peter

Matt, I paid $1175+tax for a 48 month 80K Leasecare warranty with rental and no deductable. Dealer said if I wanted to buy the Ex at lease end, he would sell me the Premium package for 7 year, 80K for an extra $900.
The catch is that it has to be bought before the original 3 year warranty expires.
It is the mileage, not the number of years that has the greatest effect on the warranty cost. I don't drive that much (9800kms in 16 months) so the 80K will do me.

Also, there was a U.S. Ford employee who posted that Ford may be persuing a lawsuit against companys like Flood and Ziegler and others that sell these ESP plans at a loss. If successful, that may nulify the contracts and buyers would receive a pro-rated refund.
I have no knowledge if this is accurate or not. There are Canadian members who have bought ESP from U.S. dealers, but as always, buyer beware.
Good luck Matt.
U
Peter

They aren't selling them at a loss though...just less profit than the local dealer does. I think that lawsuit post was wrong..just someone making stuff up

Cheapest I could find in Ontario was ~2200+HST for 6yr/100k and a $100 deductible.

Still trying to determine if in 3 years after the warantee is over, I'd spend ~2500 in repairs.

I might be better off to put that money in a high interest savings account and leave it there collect interest if I really need it for repairs.

What do you guys think?

Cheapest I could find in Ontario was ~2200+HST for 6yr/100k and a $100 deductible.

Still trying to determine if in 3 years after the warantee is over, I'd spend ~2500 in repairs.

I might be better off to put that money in a high interest savings account and leave it there collect interest if I really need it for repairs.

What do you guys think?
Who can really know if you would need repairs or not. I look at a warranty as having insurance in case something does go wrong. Perhaps there won't be any problems. It's a bit like having insurance on the house. You may never need it.
I purchased extended warranties on all 3 Highlanders that I had and only used it once to pay for a new tire. Would I have been ahead by not buying the warranties, definitely. But that is easy to say now. I consider it as adding to my peace of mind, just in case.
The other thing to keep in mind is that you have a vehicle loaded with many electronics and programs that would likely be expensive to repair/replace.
As for putting it in a high interest savings account, I just checked mine and it is paying a whopping 1.2% !

Peter

I remember a few years back Honda was trying to sue there dealers for selling the extended service contract at a huge discount online. As of today, you can still buy them and they are valid.

They aren't selling them at a loss though...just less profit than the local dealer does. I think that lawsuit post was wrong..just someone making stuff up

One transmission would eat up that $2500. In this day and age I'd would not buy a new car without a 5 year 125k mile warranty (we drive 30k+ per year).

Of course, the last warranty we got was only a 100k warranty. It was gone in just over 3 years.

~Mark

That is what I'm beginning to think as well. It seems to me that if some dealer wants to take less for the warranty then that is there business. I assume dealers are free to ask what they want for them, much the same as for when they sell a vehicle.

I think it was last year that there was a discussion on this forum about getting refunds upon the expiration of the ESP if no claims had been made. I believe that it was verified, but it is not the case here. At least not with my dealer. The dealer did say that they offered refunds once as part of a promotion, but not now.

Peter

What do you guys think?

High interest? Where? No such thing nowadays.

I bought a extended warranty in the states and it's legit. Don't buy in Canada it's a ripoff.

7 year premium 200k miles paid 1700.

Is that a Ford warranty and in miles not Km?

Wow. Great price. Where did you get it from? I haven't even seen a 200k mile option.
I believe broken strut is in Canada and therefore that would be 200k km which is roughly 125k miles.
Also doesn't say if ESP bought in Canada or U.S.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I Should have done the conversion. That makes more sense.

Back