Ford Extended Service Plans (ESP) | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ooops. Peter is correct. Bought it in Maine.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Not sure what to get

I'm assuming that i'll keep her for at least 5-6 years and so far i'll do about 10k miles in my first year.

Can you guys tell me what ESP's you've purchased?

Time
Miles
Deductible
Price paid
Where you purhcased it

Thanks.

I bought the PremiumCare ESP with first day rental for 6 years/60k miles and zero deductible. It cost $765 from Flood Ford.

Don't forget your local dealer

Don't forget to check what kind of deal your local dealer will give you. I bought mine when I purchased the Explorer and the dealer matched the online prices. I'd rather support them than the online folks if I can.

Don't forget to check what kind of deal your local dealer will give you. I bought mine when I purchased the Explorer and the dealer matched the online prices. I'd rather support them than the online folks if I can.

I agree.

Which did you get?

ESP Plan

I ended up with the Premium 7 Year/125K/$50 Deductible with 1st day rental. I gave the dealer a spreadsheet of the online cost of 3-4 places mentioned in this forum and they matched it. They are better off making less than none at all:)

I ended up with the Premium 7 Year/125K/$50 Deductible with 1st day rental. I gave the dealer a spreadsheet of the online cost of 3-4 places mentioned in this forum and they matched it. They are better off making less than none at all:)
I'm assuming you are in the U.S. Unfortunately here in Canada, ESP prices are at least double what they are charging in the States. My 48 month Leasecare, 80k kms, 0 deductable + rental was $1175. I was told by the dealer that if I was thinking of buying the Ex at lease end, I could get a 7 year, 80k km (50k miles) PremiumCare for an additional $900 but I would have to do it before the original 3 year factory warranty expired.

Peter

Extended Warranty on New Explorer

This week when I pick up the 2013 Explorer, consideration and negotiation for an Extended Service Warranty will happen along with the regular financing stuff.
Looking at the Ford Web Site I see a few options available; any opinions on which might be a good choice?
Also, price for these packages are always an issue, most information you read says how over-priced these can be and that the price is negotiable. Any feedback on what some of you have paid for any of the packages?

as a general rule, extended warranties (on anything) are a bad deal, but if you can afford it and it lets you sleep better at night, get one that will be there for you if/when you have a problem.

3/36 is basic
5/unlimited is paint
5/60 is power train
8/80 or 7/70 is emission

if you need more then go for it, i would not get anything else but ford esp. all the aftermarket ones are garbage.

most big expensive things need a inspector, or aftermarket / junkyard replacements.

I had a customer more then once, needed an engine, insurance 3rd party said they will get an engine, they got some junkyard motor, locked up installed, still blown motor.

now they have pay the labor twice or tow it out. the look on the adjusters face when he thinks its free the 2nd time is priceless tho.

This week when I pick up the 2013 Explorer, consideration and negotiation for an Extended Service Warranty will happen along with the regular financing stuff.
Looking at the Ford Web Site I see a few options available; any opinions on which might be a good choice?
Also, price for these packages are always an issue, most information you read says how over-priced these can be and that the price is negotiable. Any feedback on what some of you have paid for any of the packages?
I purchased 48 month Leasecare ESP on my 2011. With all the electronics on board the new Explorer there was no way I wasn't going to get the ESP. I am considering buying my Ex at the end of the lease (Mar. 2015) and will likely take out the 7 year 80,000 km (50,000 mile) Premium Care before the 3 year factory warranty is up. I look at the ESP as insurance that gives me peace of mind.
You may also find the following thread of interest. It would also be helpful in answering future posts if you indicate the model you have in your profile in the left margin.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=323161&highlight=esp

Peter

as a general rule, extended warranties (on anything) are a bad deal, but if you can afford it and it lets you sleep better at night, get one that will be there for you if/when you have a problem.

Normally I would agree, but the 2011-2013 Explorer isn't exactly soaring on reliability and quality. It might be worth it in this case

After doing my research, I discovered that Flood Ford didn't charge extra for there plans until you passed the 36month/36000mile mark. That surprised me because people were talking about 12month/12000 as being the point at which prices changed. So we have decided to wait until we get near that later time and higher mileage to reevaluate the reliability and our confidence level in the Ghost. We shall see...

Go buy your ESP warranty from Lombard Ford. You will save hundreds of dollars. I just last week got a 7/100,000 from lombard for price of 5/75,000 from dealership. They are the number one ESP dealer in country. They are 100% legit.

Go buy your ESP warranty from Lombard Ford. You will save hundreds of dollars. I just last week got a 7/100,000 from lombard for price of 5/75,000 from dealership. They are the number one ESP dealer in country. They are 100% legit.

Last time I looked, Lombard was the most expensive of the online dealers. The order I found from least to most was: Flood Ford, Troy, Anderson and Koch, Zeigler, Lombard

That was not my finding last week when I purchased. Let me clarify, when you factor in my $284 coupon for lombard, it was by far the cheapest. i do have a coupon code for $184 if someone is interested.

I do know that on the 3rd of October all ESP plans increased in price period. No matter where you purchase. I was able to purchase mine before the increase so I don't know what the increase was.

That was not my finding last week when I purchased. Let me clarify, when you factor in my $284 coupon for lombard, it was by far the cheapest. i do have a coupon code for $184 if someone is interested.

I do know that on the 3rd of October all ESP plans increased in price period. No matter where you purchase. I was able to purchase mine before the increase so I don't know what the increase was.

Yeah I last looked in June - it is always a good idea to reevaluate everything before you go with a previous assumption so I will certainly be repricing them all when I am ready to buy. At the time I looked, there were no extra coupons from anyone except Troy which had a $200 off. The spread between Flood and Lambard at the time was $500 so it was a huge difference...I don't know what it is now.

I got 7/100,000 for $1,210.00 fwiw

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yes, premium, $100

Back