Ford guy's first Mopar - 1971 Dodge Charger (56K warning). | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ford guy's first Mopar - 1971 Dodge Charger (56K warning).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Since it looks like most of it is still original I would try to keep it that way. It will pay off if you ever sell it. If not at least make sure you store all the original parts. As far as color try to keep it a Mopar color of that era. NO Ford paints lol. Other than that what ever makes you happy.

1971_dodge_ppg_paint.jpg

Don't really know why but the top-bannanna caught my eye.

I have always been a fan of green, especially forest green, so biasing away I would go with the dark green poly.

Since it looks like most of it is still original I would try to keep it that way. It will pay off if you ever sell it. If not at least make sure you store all the original parts. As far as color try to keep it a Mopar color of that era. NO Ford paints lol. Other than that what ever makes you happy.

I wouldn't worry too much about keeping it original. Since it was originally speced with a 318 2bbl there is no real collector value. What's nice about that is you can do what you want to the car without killing it's value. Just about anything you do to it will make it worth more than what you could get from a 318 2bbl car.

318s respond real well to 340 heads, manifolds, etc.

I think Plum Crazy would look great on that car with a black vinyl top.:thumbsup:

Have fun with your project!!:chug:

It shall be blue

x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back