Ford Publicity Shot...

Soundguy01tx

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Katy, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 XLT
I was looking through the Elite Photo album and came across this... I would be suprised if we saw it on some kind of Ford advertisement some day...
71loscoyotes_9_02_0781.jpg

--bryan

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That's a cool shot.... my uncle drives an F-150 like that, and I've driven it. They're nice.

The slogan will probably be something like "We're there when you need us" or something like that....

I work for Ford... we donate vehicles like that when there are wild fires out west, etc. Basically any event where people need to move around, we donate Ford trucks for people to use. 9-11 we donated a dozen F150 FX4s to the red cross and FDNY for them to use in the recovery process. Usually they don't make it into advertisements though.

Are they allowed to just take a random pic and put it in an ad? I thought there'd be copyright and ownership issues. I thought the pics used in ads had to either have been taken specifically for that purpose, or have some sort of written permission

I assume they would buy the rights of the pic from the photographer... but maybe once it is displayed publicly, ie the internet, it's fairgame for anyone.

I was there when Rick took that pic, and that was my thought at the time - "what a perfect shot for a commercial."

Originally posted by Soundguy01tx
sorry I didnt really mean Ford would literally take the pic and use it... It was just a great picture and that was my first thought when i saw it...

Sorry, I didn't mean to attack you. It was just more my rambling thoughts. It is a really cool pic, though

That's Tom Davis' right? Tis a very nice shot... Didn't you have some in your truck as well Bill?

Yeah, I had a few in my truck, too. Rick has a couple pics in the Los Coyotes thread, but they're not as 'star quality' as the one of Tom! I tried to copy one of the pics to this thread, but couldn't. :(

Originally posted by RangerX
Yeah, I had a few in my truck, too. Rick has a couple pics in the Los Coyotes thread, but they're not as 'star quality' as the one of Tom! I tried to copy one of the pics to this thread, but couldn't. :(

Bill, the pic was posted by Rick, so it was over 100k,that is why you couldn't move it.So I resized it, and now the pic of the sweet Ranger in action is now in this thread:)

Diablo,
I would think Ford would see the original picture on the net, and "recreate" it for promotional purposes. That way they are free and clear in the copyright department.:(

Attachments

• loscoyotes_9_02_122.jpg
    loscoyotes_9_02_122.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 199

Thanks! :thumbsup:

Originally posted by Crankcase
Diablo,
I would think Ford would see the original picture on the net, and "recreate" it for promotional purposes. That way they are free and clear in the copyright department.

Good point. But then it loses its sense of reality.

But I guess no one would ever no the difference...

Back