Ford Recalls GT? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ford Recalls GT?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Unreal. I'm sure a customer who just forked over $140,000 for the GT is gonna be real thrilled when he hears "Don't drive it until we figure out the problem" well, when will that be? I'd ask for my $140,000 back and go buy a Ferrari...

u wont get much of a ferrari for $140,000

LOGJOCKY said:

You could get a used testarossa :D

"affected by a suspension component problem that originated with a supplier"

Part of the problem with outsourcing is put your quality control in the hands of a 3rd party.

I'm with Tstone, it really is not Ford's fault on this one. 3rd party suppliers can absolutely destroy quality control, especially when the problem is essentially unforseable. It is nearly impossible to notice a casting error unless substantial QA is done and that should really be the responsibility of the supplying manufacturer.
That does suck though. :eek:

think you can get your hands on a GT for $140K?
the early production ones are going for about $210....... :)

After 2006 they wont make them anymore, at least not with that body, wont meet 97 safety standards :)

nweibley said:
C'mon Ford, we expect better from you.

Seriously? We do? I've got several years of replaced transmissions that beg to differ. ;)

That sucks though, how pissed would you be to hear, don't drive the car, we'll come and get it from you. And what if you didn't finance it through Ford Credit, then you're making payments on a six-figure car you don't even have access to.

I really doubt those that own these GT's drive them on a regular basis. At least Ford is actually repairing them before anyone gets killed.

LOGJOCKY said:

You can get pretty close to a 360, they start around $150k.

Yeah, that's what the retail price is. Try finding one for that. The new F430 (replacement for the 360) already has a two year waiting list and they will sell for close to 200K. 360's usually went for at least that and had a waitiing list the whole time they were on sale. The Spiders went for over a quarter million most of the time.

Why would they not identify the supplier? I would announce who it is, and i would pubically state i would never use them again. And I would sue the supplier to make them pay for ALL costs incurred. That's just unacceptable - a "casting error"? do these folks have any QC that no one noticed until a dealer inspected it?

seems ford has alot of issues with their suppliers, wonder if this will cause as big of a stir as the firestone issue

Probably won't be too big of an issue since something like 120 people own the new GT's and this hasn't happened to any of their cars.

They are really making a name for themselves.

They should just recall every model to make sure they cover all their bases. :eek:

jayhawkexplorer said:
Yeah, that's what the retail price is. Try finding one for that. The new F430 (replacement for the 360) already has a two year waiting list and they will sell for close to 200K. 360's usually went for at least that and had a waitiing list the whole time they were on sale. The Spiders went for over a quarter million most of the time.

But the same is true of the GT. All I'm saying is the price is in the same ballpark, one you're getting a world renowned peice of engineering two you're getting a car built "because they can" that they STILL have to recall. If I were gonna spend 200k on a sports car it'd be an easy choice.

That is unless I were buying it as an investment, the GT will be extremely short run and they will be worth a lot of money some day.

LOGJOCKY said:
seems ford has alot of issues with their suppliers, wonder if this will cause as big of a stir as the firestone issue

No, simply because of the amount of people effected. The Firestone debacle was as big as it was because of the literally millions of Explorers, the country's leading SUV, that suddenly became a "death trap" over night.

Why dont you buy one Stephen?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

this is a HUGE deal. some of those people bought it to drive, and im sure some bought it as an investment, since it was such a limited run. The ones that bought it to drive can get it fixed and they're fine. But anyone that bought it as a collectors item now is pretty much screwed cuz everyone will know they were defective cars, even if the problem is fixed. I think it would hurt the resale value tremendously.

Back