Ford to Cancel Excursion | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ford to Cancel Excursion

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Whaaaaat?!

Thats a shame:( No more solid axles in fords SUV lineup. (Wait I forgot the X sport)

Originally posted by Texplorer
Thats a shame:( No more solid axles in fords SUV lineup. (Wait I forgot the X sport)

I wouldn't count on the sport staying solid axle too much longer either.

thank god, that truck is a bigger waste of space then the suburban is. Its funny that this just came up now because I have seen about 20 of them down at the shore (20 of them or 2 or them a lot of times). My question is, how many families are that big that would need such a POS. And really I think they are a danger on the road.... imagine the everyday moronic soccer mom getting in an accident with one of those........ I would have to think even a fender bender would totally incinerate cars like the neon and such (my moms old explorer 98, got into a fender bender with a neon at low speed (35) where the neon ran into the back and the neon was completley totaled)

Completely agree RoadEnforcer, all they do is suck up the gas we'd be using.

Jay

We just sold our excursion a month ago. We rarely used it, as my dad is in real estate, and the new trend is for people to drive their own cars, not to ride with the realtor... Anyways, now that we are without it, he misses having a large SUV monster, so hes looking at the New Cadillac Escalade that is set to come out soon. Its called the Escalade ESV. Its basically a Suburban sized Escalade... I think that President Bush just needed something a little nicer than a 'burban to get carried around it. Oh well...
Check it out...
Dead Link Removed

all they do is suck up the gas we'd be using.

ford claimed that excursion with 460 got 28mpg on highway. ide kill for that kind of mileage.... but i agree. it looks too much like a school bus.

No more solid axles in fords SUV lineup. (Wait I forgot the X sport)

am i missing something? what sport comes with a SA up front?

am i missing something? what sport comes with a SA up front?

I was talking about solid axles in general. There will be no more solid axles in front or in the rear of any Ford SUV'S. (for the exception of the rear axle in the sport). But who knows how long that will last.:rolleyes:

Everybody want's to copmlain.

Everybody is a great driver. There are no careless or stupid drivers on the roads. There are no car accidents. I wish these statements were true. Unfortunately, 90% of people that drive don't know how to. Of course, 90% of drivers also think Mario Andretti could learn a few things from them. Idiots.

I am a competent driver. I have never had an accident. If I do have an accident, it will be caused by someone else. It's much more important for me to protect my family. If that means driving a four ton monster, fine. Then, when that 16 year old racer-boy runs a red light in his Neon and hits me, my family will be safe. To be perfectly blunt, I could not care less what happens to him.

Yes, there are plenty of soccer-moms driving huge cars they don't need. There are also plenty of half-blind old people driving huge Cadillacs. They are much, much more dangerous than any soccer mom. I haven't heard a single person complainabout those huge gas-guzzling Caddys. Get them of the road. Do you know whyold people drive Caddys? The elderly have the benefit of wisdom from many years of life. So what do they do? They know they'll probably cause an accident, so they make sure they drive a tank so they won't get hurt. I need some defense from them. I'll take an Excursion, and super-size it.

I have apictue of a "super-sized" Excursion and it's bada55...

I agree 100% with DocVijay. I learned how to drive with an E250 extended van. It's not the big vehicles that are the problem.

Dave

i don't like excursions! to freak'n big!

my p's were thinking of getting one. why, i dunno. proboly had to do w/ i want bigger!!! we got a 02 X instead.

Expeditions are just fine. Excursions, they are just a "spur of the moment" thing. Like: "Lets build a really big SUV for a few years while the market is good for it". They look good lifted, but they are just too big. They have virtually no styling either.

I don't really like the Escalade ESV. Just looks like a stretched out reg. Escalade. That's what happens when you slap the same front end on about 4 different models of trucks (i.e. Ford, Chevy, Toyota, now Cadilliac, and the list goes on...)

Thats a shame, i love excursions, as long as they got a lil lift and some swampers on em........ but oh well

Originally posted by Digger196
i don't like excursions! to freak'n big!

my p's were thinking of getting one. why, i dunno. proboly had to do w/ i want bigger!!! we got a 02 X instead.

Are your " p's " loaded or something? It would cost sooo much to fuel one of those things........:eek:

now i dont really agree with the point that it isnt the big vehicles that cuase problems... a girl i like got tboned and spun around 4 times and took out 2 light poles becuase some guy in a hurry in his work van one night ran a red light.... she is permanently injured now and one of her knees was almost severed off (i have seen the scar)... she can walk and participate in sports still luckily, but she just cant play sports like she used to...... she had an older chrysler convertible with a turbo in it..... but those caddys and lincolns are tanks.... they will take out a cute ute anytime...they actually use a body on frame suspension.....

It's a useless vehicle.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I still love the fact that it's a large SUV ya can get with a diesel and haul alot with
Pete

Back