Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Ford UK

Discussion in 'UK Explorer Owners Forum' started by bobbyboy, August 24, 2005.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. bobbyboy

bobbyboy New Member

City, State:
    London, England, UK
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    1999.XLT
    Hi All, I posted a plea for assistance with regard to my 1999 4L V6 explorer, I have what would now appear to be a “cam chain” or “tensioner problem”.

I ran a search on this subject and found that a number of group members world wide have this problem (mainly in the USA) and that there have be various responses to them from Ford Mo Co. The best being cover of up to 7 years and 100.000 miles.

To date this is the UK response, UK territory has had no recalls relating to timing chains on your engine. However for a brief period there was a warranty /goodwill extension program covering the front timing chain guide assembly in the event of concern diagnosing engine noise. This was stopped in March 2003.

When I put the above points to Ford Customer Relations UK they said the warranty’s in the UK, Asia, and USA are different. Your not covered.

Perhaps Ford UK should mark their warranties Buyer beware.

So guys we in the UK are lesser customers than our American brothers.

I’ll be writing to the good old US of A next.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. Howard

Howard Moderator Elite Explorer Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
    Milton Keynes
    1998 SOHC UK SPEC
    I don't think you will get any joy out of Ford USA because our consumer laws are different. But I wish you luck all the same. With an explorer in the UK DIY would seem to be the way. :D

4. 98Explorer4x4

98Explorer4x4 Active Member

City, State:
    Sioux Falls, SD
    98 Explorer XLT 4WD
    Hell we americans can't even get anywheres with our own Ford warranties or any coverages.