Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

formula 409=anti-fog???

Discussion in 'Exploring everything under the sun!!' started by expo5.0, September 19, 2002.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. expo5.0

expo5.0 Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Red Wing, MN
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      1996 xlt
      i cleaned my mirror in my bathroom with formula 409 orange power all purpose cleaner and the next time i showered instead of being entirely fogged it was clear as before i showered. so i thought about it a little bit and tried it on the x windshield and it hasn't fogged yet (its been a month now) just thought i'd pass it on.

btw- does anyone else have any products that work for things they weren't intended to like this?

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. redShift

redShift Active Member

City, State:
      Suwanee, GA
      '96 XLT
      I have the worst luck of anyone for my windshiled fogging up. Almost every morning, no matter what the temp is (above freezing), it seems to start fogging up. Sometimes cold air defrost works, sometimes that doesnt work and hot air does. Sometimes both of those cause the window to totally fog up so I cannot see out of it at all. Windows down? Maybe, I cant tell...

Anyway, on what side of the windshield did you apply it?

4. expo5.0

expo5.0 Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Red Wing, MN
      1996 xlt
      inside for me, i actually use meguires wax on the outside of the windshield as well.