• Register Today It's free!

Front Cigar Lighter Not working

TToTheB

Reaction score
City, State
Manassas, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Explorer XLT
I have a 2002 Ford Explorer XLT. I have 2 Cigar Lighters in the Passenger compartment. The one in the front does not work, but the one in the rear does. I checked the fuse (#24 According to the Manual) and It looks good to go. Just to troubleshoot I replaced with another fuse of the same amperage. The front outlet still does not work. In attempts to troubleshoot some more, I swapped the front and back outlets and the front still does not work. I'm not sure what else to check. Can anyone offer me some assistance?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Have you checked the connections behind the socket? Might be a bad ground. I have heard 02s have wiring issues. If you cant get it to work, you could run a new wire to supply the socket with power.

Look in your owner's guide for the fuses protecting power points #1 & #2. They will be in the battery j-box. One of those is blown.

My front power point was shot too... ended up being a 20 amp blue "block" fuse in the power box under the hood.

rrgone You Rock!!! I just went and checked and the fuse is not even there. I pulled a 20a fuse from another slot just see if it works and I got the power light from my charger. Thx for your help.

rrgone You Rock!!! I just went and checked and the fuse is not even there. I pulled a 20a fuse from another slot just see if it works and I got the power light from my charger. Thx for your help.

I second the fact the rrgone rocks. Second problem that rrgone helped me with. Thanks for asking the question TToTheB and thanks rrgone for the answer.:thumbsup:

Back