• Register Today It's free!

front diff (D35) locker question

red.EDDIE.4x4

Reaction score
City, State
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 Eddie Bauer 4x4
ok so ive been searching about this. but cant seem to find my clear cut answer. if i install a locker on my D35 in the front of my 1993 X, will it effect my daily 2 wheel driving? would i need new 4x4 hubs for this?
Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

No it will not as long as your not in 4wd. Manual hubs would be better so you know they're unlocked and you don't accidently bump into 4wd going down the road. They're also a lot stronger, more reliable, and when/if you break an axle you can unlock one and keep going.

With a front locker you will break auto hubs... but you don't have to change them unless you want security and knowing that you'll have 4wd when you need it :)

ok thanks guys. thats exactly what i was lookin for. i nearly got stuck in some pretty thick sandy mud (the kind that looks solid but when you drive up on it you sink about 5 inches) and i had an interesting time getting out of it. and i was in a hurry because i had to get back to school. then it hit me, if i only had lockers...i was backing out of it btw.

Oh, and don't go cheap with the hubs. Go ahead and get Warns if you're going to do it. I broke and 'rebuilt' and broke again three milemarker hubs before I just went to Warn. I have to give them credit though, both companies have stood by their product and sent warranty replacements.

Oh, and don't go cheap with the hubs. Go ahead and get Warns if you're going to do it. I broke and 'rebuilt' and broke again three milemarker hubs before I just went to Warn. I have to give them credit though, both companies have stood by their product and sent warranty replacements.

that just answered my next question...is milemarker any good? apparently not as good as warn. warns will be on my new parts list soon. will i need a conversion kit?

oh whoops...totally clicked on the wrong section, meant to hit the first gens. my bad...

in a week or 2 im putting in a solid front axle in my 94 sport, if you can hold out i have warn lockouts i will not need

in a week or 2 im putting in a solid front axle in my 94 sport, if you can hold out i have warn lockouts i will not need

Oh man that would be really nice.:D I can wait a few weeks no prob. I'll send you a PM tomorrow morning when I have more time.

is it possible to use a milemaker conversion kit and warn hubs? or does that void the warranty?

is it possible to use a milemaker conversion kit and warn hubs? or does that void the warranty?

Yeah, no problem, they'd never know anyway.

Mine's that way because I started out with MM.

Back