• Register Today It's free!

Front Driver Door Removal???

snoborder42

Reaction score
City, State
Maple Valley/Downtown Seattle, Washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 XLT 4x4
So in a moment of stupidity yesterday, I thought it would be a good idea to back up the explorer and hit the frame of my garage door. So needless to say the door now has to be replaced.

Anyway, I've got the door panel off and know that the 4 bolts to the door need to come out. But for the life of me I cannot find where the wiring harness in the door needs to be disconnected. I can see a few connectors that can be undone but I cannot find the main connection where the wiring runs from the door to the body of the car.

Any help would be appreciated. And my chiltons manual didnt help any, it just tells me to disconnect the wiring harness but where the hell is it?

So in a moment of stupidity yesterday, I thought it would be a good idea to back up the explorer and hit the frame of my garage door. So needless to say the door now has to be replaced.

Anyway, I've got the door panel off and know that the 4 bolts to the door need to come out. But for the life of me I cannot find where the wiring harness in the door needs to be disconnected. I can see a few connectors that can be undone but I cannot find the main connection where the wiring runs from the door to the body of the car.

Any help would be appreciated. And my chiltons manual didnt help any, it just tells me to disconnect the wiring harness but where the hell is it?

Remove the kick panel and look in behind the E-brake.

Back