1. Tip...
    If you hold most smartphones sideways
    you can bring up a more full featured version of the forum.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Front End Ride Height

Discussion in 'General Explorations!!' started by jar2187, December 26, 2004.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. jar2187

jar2187 Active Member

City, State:
      Rhode Island
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      92 EB, 96 limited
      I just bought a 1996 5.0 AWD limited, with 117000 miles on it. The front end is sitting noticably lower than the rear. the front tires almost look like they are kicked out at the bottom, almost as if it were bagged. I dont believe it has the air ride, because I couldnt find the shut off switch in the rear jack compartment. I was playing with the all the electronics, with the engine off and I went to start it and it wouldnt. The radio and the computer both shut off and then came back on. When the computer came back on it said "Air Ride Switch Off". Why did it say this? And what do you guys think is wrong with the front end?

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. CDW6212R

CDW6212R Hauls the mail. Elite Explorer

Media:
      Albums:
      City, State:
      Knoxville, TN
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      98 Limited AWD
      I don't think the front got any change, I think it is just in the back. Those early 2nd gen. years had it standard on Limiteds'. I don't know where the switch is. Someone here will know. Ask someone with a 95-96 Limited. Good luck,
      DonW