Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Front end work

Discussion in 'Stock 1995 - 2001 Explorers' started by ucluglee, June 10, 2012.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. ucluglee

ucluglee Member

City, State:
    Greenville, SC
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    '00 XLT
    So, about $1,000 in parts and three days spread out in the garage floor, my 2000 Explorer is now riding like a new Caddy. Front upper control arms and ball joints, lower ball joints, shocks, sway bar ends, new brake rotors, brake pads, new front wheel bearings, tie rod ends, sway bar bushings and flushed the brake lines. The cheapest price I got from any repair shop was $2500.

[​IMG]

And for $160 from 1aauto.com, I got new headlights, parking lights and fog lights.

[​IMG]
    (waiting for it to get dark so I can adjust them)

Mine were completely white fogged and nothing I tried worked. This is what they looked like:
    [​IMG]

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. Cranmaro99

Cranmaro99 Active Member

2001 Explorer 5.0 AWD
  4. DUNE RCR

DUNE RCR Active Member

City, State:
    Norfolk, VA
    '01 F150 5.4
    Well done. Reminds me of when I rebuilt the front end on my X about a year ago. I love the look of everything when it is new too. If you have done it yet, get an alignment as soon as you can. Mine was out a couple degrees and I will tell you that after the alignment, it was a night/day difference.

5. ucluglee

ucluglee Member

City, State:
    Greenville, SC
    '00 XLT
    Oh yeah, definitely. I took the back roads (35 MPH) to Tire Kingdom and got it aligned.

6. DUNE RCR

DUNE RCR Active Member

City, State:
    Norfolk, VA
    '01 F150 5.4
    When I did my front end I had to wait until my next pay check to do my alignment. I took mine to Firestone and got the lifetime alignment cause I hate these lovely roads here in VA, nothing like hitting speed bumps at 55-60mph.