• Register Today It's free!

front skid plates?

04trac

Reaction score
City, State
Tallahassee, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Sport Trac XLT
anyone know where or if theyre made for sport tracks, or if any other models fit a trac?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ford made one for the Rangers, but it's really too thin of sheet metal for good protection.

Here's a pic of the one I had on my Sport Trac a few years ago.

410705170079.jpg

its just to keep rocks and gravel from getting up into the engine bay really...im not gonna be doing any crawlin.... does it bolt right up to the 2x4s that you know of?

The bolt holes were there on my truck for the Ranger skid plate.

But, I have know clue if you can put it on with the stock Sport Trac bumper still in place. I had cut off the lower half of my bumper before putting on the Ranger skid plate.

hmmm, well how much do the skid plates run.....if its not much I'll grab one and play with it, but im not gonna drop a big load on something that might not fit

It's possible to adapt a Ranger front skidplate, I think there is a member project on it at www.mysporttrac.com. IIRC you have to cut a few inches off the front of the plate and rebend it, but it will work with the bumper.
There was a company that made a HD front skidplate for Rangers and did custom stuff, but I can't find it in my Favorites now, so I might have deleted it if they went out of business.

thanks for the advice guys

Back