Fuel Delivery Problems Help Daily Driver | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Fuel Delivery Problems Help Daily Driver

heavy_dman

Reaction score
City, State
North Carolina
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Ford Explorer
Been having problems with my 94 explorer, only have problem on warmer days, after driving for a while it just dies, cuts all power to the fuel pump, and the hotter it is the quicker it happens,Pulled codes all that came up was MAF an O2 sensor, So replaced MAF. Then fuel pump was the next thing I replaced, and it WAS bad, hot wire burned in two between assembly and pump, only thing is problem persisted, I am curious as to what could cause the original pump to burn the hot wire in two like that, at first I didn't think it was that important, but just now got to thinking, it seems like whatever caused it to do that is the primary problem. changed fuel cut-off switch next, still persists, then the ECC and fuel pump relays, still happens, last thing I tried was ignition switch, went out again today, I also checked out the ECC and it looked fine, no bad capacitors or anything like that. This is my wife's Daily Driver, I have posted this problem/question several times over the past 6 months, and everyone has been very helpful, and I appreciate that.

Sounds like the pump is drawing a lot of current and overloading the whole circuit. Does the fuel pump relay get really hot? If you have a multimeter you may want to see how much amperage that pump is actually pulling. If it's drawing a lot of current you need to find out why. Clogged fuel filter or line perhaps?

Back