Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Fuel Delivery Troubleshooting 92 Ford Explorer

Discussion in 'Stock 1991 - 1994 Explorers' started by nukedeestoys88, February 17, 2013.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^
  1. nukedeestoys88

nukedeestoys88 New Member

City, State:
    California
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    1992 ford explorer 6 cyli
    1992 Ford Explorer

If cold, my car takes me numerous times to start it up. it cranks but its seems like its not getting the fuel. When I do get it started its idles roughly and really struggles to stay running. After it warms up it runs decent but not nearly as smooth as it used to. It has a serious hesitation when accelerating. I replaced the fuel pump and fuel filter about 10-12 months ago, but havnt drove it much. I replaced the pcv, fuel pump relay, spark plugs and I'm starting to suggest its the fuel pressure regulator. Any suggestions? Maybe a way to test it without a pressure gauge?

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. arco777

arco777 Elite Explorer

Year, Model & Trim Level:
    1994 Explorer 2dr 4x4
    Rent or buy a pressure test gauge. Also don't rule out other systems like ignition. Old wires and fouled plugs can cause cold start issues.

We Support Our Troops!