Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Fuel injector cleaning

Discussion in 'Stock 2002 - 2005 Explorers' started by prerunner02, March 7, 2009.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. prerunner02

prerunner02 Active Member

City, State:
    Sacramento, CA
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    '02 XLT 4X4 V8
    Has anyone used a cleaner tool like this

http://us.st12.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/sjdiscounttools_2041_81980120

How did it work?
    I know off car cleaning is the best but how well do these type of tools clean?
    There is instructions on the can of seafoam for injector cleaning tools like this 1/2 seafoam 1/2 gasoline.

I'm planning on building my own out of an airline filter bowl (internals removed) filled with seafoam and gas one end connected to a compressor through a regulator and the other end connected to the schrader valve on the fuel rail with the fuel pump shut off.
    My main reason for doing this is I got 2 cel codes p0302 and p0300 I have swapped the plug and coil and still have problem with the #2 cyl. And this started when I got some bad ampm gas. Injector cleaning is a must and I think this should work. The next step is to get an ultrasonic cleaner.

So what do you guys think?

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.