Fuel Injector service recommendation | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Fuel Injector service recommendation

Car 54

Reaction score
City, State
Lutz, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer
My Ex is at the dealer right now getting some warranty work done and the SA calls me to let me know the 15k mile fuel injector cleaning is recommended. Seriously? Is this normal? I've never heard of that frequent interval on my German cars. What do you think?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Seems a bit early to me, especially with the detergent ridden fuels we have these days. But hey, I'm no expert :)

Of course, if they are offering to do it for free... ;)

My Ex is at the dealer right now getting some warranty work done and the SA calls me to let me know the 15k mile fuel injector cleaning is recommended. Seriously? Is this normal? I've never heard of that frequent interval on my German cars. What do you think?

Never heard of it at 15k. 30 maybe. Me thinks dealer money want.

No free lunch for this service. Also recommending an in-cabin microfilter. These are things that I usually see at 30k and sometimes per year.

No free lunch for this service. Also recommending an in-cabin microfilter. These are things that I usually see at 30k and sometimes per year.
Just looked in owners guide and in cabin filter change is 20k

Back