Fuel pressure, live data, negatuve long term fuel trim numbers | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Fuel pressure, live data, negatuve long term fuel trim numbers

Floridaexplorer43

Reaction score
City, State
Tallahassee, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 4wd 4 0
I recently bought a code reader with live data. Both long term fuel trim are around -9 at idle. I cleaned throttle body and bought a pressure gauge. It shows 65 psi at idle and immediately dropped to 60 when turned off, 20 minutes later still indicates 60 psi.
Anyone know what fuel oressure on rail should be 2003 explorer 4.0. Is idle and running a different spec?
Anyone have all the specs? What live data should state for maf, spark advance, fuel trims, o2 sensors, etc.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

not sure what you issue is, but the air intake orings go bad on the 4.0. you could have a vacuum leak. that can throw off the computer, and cause o2 error

No the air intake orings, there under the air I take plemtem. You can probally tell if their bad by idle truck and spray carb cleaner were air intake meets the block. If the idle goes up up have an issue. That's how I found my problem,
The scan tool said I had bad O2 sensors. But it was air intake leak.

What is your issue? Not to sure what you were posting on.

"It shows 65 psi at idle and immediately dropped to 69 when turned off, 20 minutes later"
???????????

65 psi at idle dropped to 60 when turned off, and took an hour to drop to 40. (69 was a typo, should have been dropped to 60)

No the air intake orings, there under the air I take plemtem. You can probally tell if their bad by idle truck and spray carb cleaner were air intake meets the block. If the idle goes up up have an issue. That's how I found my problem,
The scan tool said I had bad O2 sensors. But it was air intake leak.

What is your issue? Not to sure what you were posting on.
One on tb end and one on air filter end??

neither, where the plastic meets engine

Change your air filter

Changed pcv and air filter. Anyone have the live data specs for 4.0 on 2003 explorer?

My forscan on my shoc the short term fuel trims
Are between -5. To +5
The acceptable or norm is -10 to + 10

I have the same issue as well. Changed air filter, spark plug, spark plug wire, fuel filter, engine oil, upstream, downstream o2 sensor. Long term fuel trim still around -10

Does it run well? Idle smooth? Decent MPG?

If yes to those three, then what is wrong? Sounds like all is well besides some numbers you can now that you couldn't previously.

Back