• Register Today It's free!

Fuel Problems!!!

sethwilson

Reaction score
City, State
bessemer, al
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 ford explorer 4.0 V6
I have a 2006 explorer 4.0l. recently had to rebuild the top end of the motor. new headgaskets, and all new o-rings that could be replaced. Now i am havng problems with the fuel system. i keep blowing injector o-rings. the truck runs great until one blows out...i rented a fuel pressure guage, but ther is no where to connect it. i followed the instructions in the book on installing the injector o-rings to a T. not sure if i have to much fuel pressure or not. was going to replace the fuel pressure temp sensor on the fuel rail, but its 80 bucks. dont want to do that unless i know thats it. does anyone have any ideas, or know how to check the fuel pressure?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

are you ripping the orings installing the injectors down? are they for fuel? silly i know, but it matters, and finally do all the injectors seat correctly?

bought them from Auto Zone, felpro supposed to be for fuel. i am putting them in the head very gently, not using any force. i seat them in he fuel rail first, them gently into the head and torq the fuel rail, and lube them with oil. the past 3 that have blown i've driven it over a hundred miles before they blow out.

bought them from Auto Zone, felpro supposed to be for fuel. i am putting them in the head very gently, not using any force. i seat them in he fuel rail first, them gently into the head and torq the fuel rail, and lube them with oil. the past 3 that have blown i've driven it over a hundred miles before they blow out.

check the fuel pressure, i think the fuel line comes in on the drivers side, also use wd40 when installing them, oil does funny things to rubber.

well, i have a fuel pressure tester but there is no test port on the fuel rail anywhere.the fuel line actaully comes up pass side. used vaseline this time on the o-rings.

well, i have a fuel pressure tester but there is no test port on the fuel rail anywhere.the fuel line actaully comes up pass side. used vaseline this time on the o-rings.

they sell an inline adapter, that connects between the fuel line and the fuel rail to attach a fuel pressure tester.

other way is to look at the fuel pressure pid with a scanner.

well now its all back together with another set of new o-rings, was going to crank it to check the fuel pressure, but it wont start now.

Updat: talked to a ford mechanisad narrowed down my problem... there is a rubber seat that goes into the head before putting the injectors in...did not know. i had them but didnt know what they were for. duh. also found out why it would not crank. i was tired and frustrated and did not see i did not plug the coil pck back up. fixed all and running for now..

Back