Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Fuel Pump not working!

Discussion in 'Ford Ranger - Mazda B-Series Forum' started by pward1321, August 4, 2011.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. pward1321

pward1321 New Member

City, State:
      Oregon
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      93 Ford Ranger 4X4 XLT
      I have been thru so many forums my eyes are burning.
      93 ranger 4.0l 6cyl XLT.

Upon returning to my truck after a bankruptcy(30min tops). My truck would not start. Had it towed. Tow guy even thought it to be fuel pump. It did nothing strange previous to arrival.
      I checked for fuel flow at the filter(with key at COL, i say oil cuase i dont get a CEL). No fuel flow. Replaced filter with new one.
      I removed the bed and replaced the fuel pump($99.00), made sure tank was clean. I tested to connectors(fuel pump-getting power not sure how much). I blew out my volt meter trying to figure out how to use it(lol). Still not working, and no fuel pump noise.
      I then replaced the FPR($98.00). still not working. I switched the FPR out and still nothing. I pulled out my inertia switch and it is seated properly down. I pulled out a spark plug and tested for spark. I am getting good spark.

I took the old fuel pump and tested it straight to the battery and it works.

My god it was only sitting for a little bit. It gave no signs of any problems before this.

I was going to look into a ICM, but Im getting spark.

Where do I go from here. I will be eternally grateful for any help.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. tmwalsh

tmwalsh Member

City, State:
      suburban atlanta, ga
      Fuel pump relay? Under the hood or near the ECM in the passenger foot well.
      tom

4. pward1321

pward1321 New Member

City, State:
      Oregon
      93 Ford Ranger 4X4 XLT
      Re:

Thanks for repying tmwalsh. I already checked the fuel pump relay. More likely the whole box is needing to be replaced. Today I am going to clean up some wiring, battery clamps, posts, starter wires, ground wires, etc.