Full-Black Ford Emblems on our Explorer! | Page 15 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Full-Black Ford Emblems on our Explorer!

Those look great. Definitely a great deal. I had wanted mine to be all gloss black background with matte Ford lettering so I used the other seller who custom painted them. Problem is, I already got two chips in the paint and they're only a couple weeks old. :(

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey guys,

Just thought I'd add pictures of my emblems to this thread.

Thomas

IMG_1093.JPG

IMG_1095.JPG

IMG_1091.JPG

I recently purchased some black emblems and received these in the mail yesterday. The front one is a 9" peel and stick (which I believe will work even though its supposed to be a bolt on) but I am concerned about the 7" rear one. It has two pins and what appear to be two self tapping bolts (total of 4 pin/posts). I haven't been able to find a picture of the rear one removed to see if this will work or if this is the wrong one for my sport. Any help out there is greatly appreciated.

I recently purchased some black emblems and received these in the mail yesterday. The front one is a 9" peel and stick (which I believe will work even though its supposed to be a bolt on) but I am concerned about the 7" rear one. It has two pins and what appear to be two self tapping bolts (total of 4 pin/posts). I haven't been able to find a picture of the rear one removed to see if this will work or if this is the wrong one for my sport. Any help out there is greatly appreciated.
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Did you check the lick in post #267? Sounds like it is just 'stuck' on. If you decide to take it off, please take a picture with the emblem removed and post it. Although that post was for a 2016, I'm guessing the 2017 would be the same.

Peter

Hey guys,

Just thought I'd add pictures of my emblems to this thread.

Thomas

View attachment 95815
View attachment 95816
View attachment 95817
Are those overlays? It seems like you might have mentioned it in another post, but I can't seem to find it anymore. I tried plasti dipping mine, but didn't care for the results. As I've mentioned previously I am eventually going to pull them off and paint them properly, but I need to 'ease' Mrs. Squirrel into that since she's not 100% on board with the idea yet. Having overlays that look good with be a nice 'push' in the right direction, though. :)

Are those overlays? It seems like you might have mentioned it in another post, but I can't seem to find it anymore. I tried plasti dipping mine, but didn't care for the results. As I've mentioned previously I am eventually going to pull them off and paint them properly, but I need to 'ease' Mrs. Squirrel into that since she's not 100% on board with the idea yet. Having overlays that look good with be a nice 'push' in the right direction, though. :)
Here ya go. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums...our-5th-gen-today.430705/page-20#post-3596809

Peter

Yes they are overlays. I also tried the plasti dip method and ended up taking it off the next day.

My approach was to wrap the entire emblem in gloss black first to cover up that outer silver boarder. The overlays I bought sit inside that boarder so I just simply put those on top of the vinyl wrap. Looks great in person and was quick and easy.

I bought my emblems from prostickers for like 20 something and they come as a set for the front, rear, and steering wheel. We'll see how they hold up with time but to me its a good alternative to buying and replacing the emblems or painting them and easy to switch up the style anytime you want.

[edit] I also wrapped the sport emblem and "explorer" lettering at the same time and am very happy with how they turned out.

Thomas

I also have a 2017 Ex, I just got my emblems in the mail today. Can you share any feedback on how you removed the emblem on the back?

Had my emblems blacked out by the custom shop in Astoria NY. came out great

Had my emblems blacked out by the custom shop in Astoria NY. came out great

A good thing the emblems came out great because your picture didn't.;)
To post directly from your device you require an Elite membership ($20) otherwise you can use a 3rd party hosting site like Photobucket and link it.
Also, please update your profile by adding the requested "trim level" (Base, XLT, etc.) so it shows in the margin. That is useful info to have. Thanks.

Peter

We just got our black emblems installed yesterday on our 2016 sport. Got them from same ebay seller as DMG632. They look great. We'll see how they hold up. Ours were attached the same as the above pics.
How have these held up since your install last year?

How have these held up since your install last year?

I have had mine on since 5-3-2016 and they still look new. No chips or pits

Post 230 on page 8 (I think)

Yes they are overlays. I also tried the plasti dip method and ended up taking it off the next day.

My approach was to wrap the entire emblem in gloss black first to cover up that outer silver boarder. The overlays I bought sit inside that boarder so I just simply put those on top of the vinyl wrap. Looks great in person and was quick and easy.

I bought my emblems from prostickers for like 20 something and they come as a set for the front, rear, and steering wheel. We'll see how they hold up with time but to me its a good alternative to buying and replacing the emblems or painting them and easy to switch up the style anytime you want.

[edit] I also wrapped the sport emblem and "explorer" lettering at the same time and am very happy with how they turned out.

Thomas
Have these held up well still? I'm probably going to order them based on price, options, ease of installation, and potentially ease of removal if I don't like them or want to change things up.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

From e-bay seller named downatthebuilding very nice quality.

Before
0B_7Or3NcTmszWXVKYzJQLWtfVE0

After
0B_7Or3NcTmszWXVKYzJQLWtfVE0
No pictures. Not sure how you are trying to attach them. If using the 'Upload a file' button, that will only work if you take out an Elite membership.

Peter

Back