Full-Black Ford Emblems on our Explorer! | Page 16 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Full-Black Ford Emblems on our Explorer!

I got my emblems from Tim (Downatthebuilding) as well but a couple months later, I got chips in the paint. I can understand that could happen in the front but I got it in the back emblem too. Oh well...

I'm not knocking the eBay seller but the emblems I got from that seller did not last very long started pitting from rocks and pebbles on the road. Not that I drive on back roads I live So Calif and I do normal street and freeway driving.

I got my emblems from Tim (Downatthebuilding) as well but a couple months later, I got chips in the paint. I can understand that could happen in the front but I got it in the back emblem too. Oh well...

I had shared in some post that i had the same problem what that ebay seller and that emblem. I ended up getting my stock emblem wrapped

I had shared in some post that i had the same problem what that ebay seller and that emblem. I ended up getting my stock emblem wrapped
Hmm, I know @Summers22 painted his own (had a tutorial up on an F-150 page.) I'll have to find out how his are holding up. Maybe instead of painting mine (I think I've finally convinced Mrs. Squirrel to let me, haha) perhaps I'll just leave mine as overlays. Already received several complements on them so apparently others think they look ok. :)

I ordered the overlays in 5D carbon/matte black from pro stickers. We’ll see how they do. I’m not familiar with wrapping so I will live with the chrome edge for now. I would love to know if the new 3D emblems fit the earlier Explorers.

Back