Full-Black Ford Emblems on our Explorer! | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Full-Black Ford Emblems on our Explorer!

Hey 285ferrari,

For the rear emblem where did you purchase yours? I was able to get the front installed today and it looks bad ass! I have been searching for the rear 7" but all I can find it the overlays, I want a complete emblem that doesn't show the chrome if you know what I mean.

I ordered both from this seller on Ebay--He sent the correct front one, but the wrong back one. I am awaiting the correct rear emblem to put on. Right now, I have no emblem back there. Very good communication with this seller. Fast shipping. The front emblem looks awesome.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Focus-...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27d01d07de

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just placed my order from that link you gave me,
Thanks again my friend, I'll post some pictures when the back is installed. Still can't get over how good the front looks blacked out!

I haven't heard from the previous seller I used.

I did just place an order for white emblems for a friends edge.

I'll let you know quality once they arrive.

Hey Ferrari,

Where did you get your rear 7" from? I have ordered mine from the same seller that sold me my 9" on eBay and both times he sent me the wrong emblem. I need one that has the pins that will line up and with a sticky backing. Currently I'm driving around with no rear logo. :thumbdwn:

Ferrari, I just realized I ordered my emblems from the same seller, looks like he is seeing out the wrong emblems. How is the battle going did you get the right one yet?

Hey Ferrari,

Where did you get your rear 7" from? I have ordered mine from the same seller that sold me my 9" on eBay and both times he sent me the wrong emblem. I need one that has the pins that will line up and with a sticky backing. Currently I'm driving around with no rear logo. :thumbdwn:

Ferrari, I just realized I ordered my emblems from the same seller, looks like he is seeing out the wrong emblems. How is the battle going did you get the right one yet?

Just filed a complaint thru Ebay on him, he sent me the wrong ones also. I apologize for recommending him, after getting the fronts I figured the rears were no problem. I sent my wrong ones back and have been waiting for 20 days for the correct ones. He has promised me 5 times now, that the rear ones will be sent.

Hey Ferrari,

This is the latest message from him - - Dude has issues for sure. I am going to call my credit card company and do a chargeback against him.

From the very start i went special to the dealer to get the right parts, then they were wrong, i am doing more and they are not done, so i dont know why you think i treat all customers this way, i dont, i went the extra mile and was not given the right part, if you have rear camera where the hell is it, i have the bezel here and the parts fit right in, they will ship in a few days,i am not going to rush and have them messed up and more trouble, sorry for your hassle, Tim thanks"

What's the name of the seller?

I just got my white emblems I ordered not without a little headache but they did come.

I ordered from that guy as well and this is what I did.

1. Remove emblem assembly from vehicle
2. Remove Tin overlay from assembly use a heat gun or blowdryer. it is like a hot glue adhesive and comes of not bad with heat. i used a pair of needle nose to grab the tin and started rolling it off.
3. Remove excess glue using heat gun and flat tool like a screwdriver or utility knife
4. Install new tin overlay on the assembly using double sided tape that is already installed
5. Remove double sided tape on the back of assembly and use goo gone to fully clean off then install new 3M double sided tape
6. Stick on and admire.

i admit it was a bit of work to do it but better than dealing with him on a return or exchange. Hopefully this helps someone out.

What's the name of the seller?

I just got my white emblems I ordered not without a little headache but they did come.

Ebay username - - downatthebuilding

I ordered from that guy as well and this is what I did.

1. Remove emblem assembly from vehicle
2. Remove Tin overlay from assembly use a heat gun or blowdryer. it is like a hot glue adhesive and comes of not bad with heat. i used a pair of needle nose to grab the tin and started rolling it off.
3. Remove excess glue using heat gun and flat tool like a screwdriver or utility knife
4. Install new tin overlay on the assembly using double sided tape that is already installed
5. Remove double sided tape on the back of assembly and use goo gone to fully clean off then install new 3M double sided tape
6. Stick on and admire.

i admit it was a bit of work to do it but better than dealing with him on a return or exchange. Hopefully this helps someone out.

Where did you purchase the emblem?

This is the latest message from him - - Dude has issues for sure. I am going to call my credit card company and do a chargeback against him.

From the very start i went special to the dealer to get the right parts, then they were wrong, i am doing more and they are not done, so i dont know why you think i treat all customers this way, i dont, i went the extra mile and was not given the right part, if you have rear camera where the hell is it, i have the bezel here and the parts fit right in, they will ship in a few days,i am not going to rush and have them messed up and more trouble, sorry for your hassle, Tim thanks"

My email back from him was an exact duplicate of that email, this guy is no good. I'm stuck with a great looking emblem but no way to attached it. How did you resolve yours?

My email back from him was an exact duplicate of that email, this guy is no good. I'm stuck with a great looking emblem but no way to attached it. How did you resolve yours?

He has "assured" me the correct emblems are in the mail and sent me a tracking number yesterday. Delivery shows for Friday, so I will wait and see what he sent me and go from there. In the meantime, I have opened a dispute case with eBay.

He has "assured" me the correct emblems are in the mail and sent me a tracking number yesterday. Delivery shows for Friday, so I will wait and see what he sent me and go from there. In the meantime, I have opened a dispute case with eBay.

Ok my friend, keep me updated on the emblem.

I asked him to send me the same emblem as he did with the front 9" that had a nice sticky backing and fit perfectly. But in a 7" for the rear, I just emailed him again.

Where did you purchase the emblem?

ebay from downatthebar or something like that. Save yourself the hassle and do as I described and then you'll have your rear emblem on in no time. Take the blue tin off and put the black tin on.

Finally received my rear emblem. He sent an outer cover that tapes to your existing emblem. It's better than nothing, but not really what I expected. It does not cover the factory emblem 100%, so you can see around the outer edge a bit.

Finally received my rear emblem. He sent an outer cover that tapes to your existing emblem. It's better than nothing, but not really what I expected. It does not cover the factory emblem 100%, so you can see around the outer edge a bit.
That was mentioned in post #2 and I believe other members have used this same overlay as well.

Peter

You wouldn't have that issue if you peeled the emblem off per my post. Fits perfectly if you remove the blue cover and install his.

Some black vinyl hides the chrome as well.

what is a rip off is ebay seller downatthebuilding charges almost $100 for front and back and he lies thru his teeth when questioned about the emblems.

A can of plastidip is lot better IMO, if you don't know it is a Ford you shouldn't be driving it. :eek:

If the people who see the car don't know it is a Ford without seeing the emblems, too bad. :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back