Full Scale tuners for our trucks? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Full Scale tuners for our trucks?

turboplz

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Mercury Mountaineer
After playing with the 2.3 turbo fords over the past 10 years I've become quite fond of being able to tune the vehicles I drive. Now that I have this 99 v8 mountaineer, I'm wanting to get to tuning it and bring out what the factory couldn't do.

I know there are the Flash Tunes offered by SCT, but those are not very in-depth and you can only control a few parameters unless you pay big $$$ to get a custom tuner license. What I'm looking for is something like the Moates stuff: Quarterhorse, Jaybird/F3 chip, Tweecer; something that allows the tuner (me) to see and edit more than 4 or 5 parameters with full datalogging capabilities.

Just curious to see what other options are out there for the EEC-V folk. I'm very familiar with the Quarterhorse/BE/EEC Analyzer setup, but it appears that there are not many, if any, definition files available for our strategies. HPtuners appears to not support our engines either and JET is just an all out joke. I know there are many guys out there with highly modded engines that did the tuning. What did you use and how much did you pay for the tuner and software? Ideally I would like to keep the total cost of tuner and software under $500 (like the Quarterhorse setup or Tweecer).

Back