• Register Today It's free!

Full set of 38s in the Explorer?

Freshmeat

Reaction score
City, State
Denham Springs, LA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Ranger STX SC
Picking up some 38x12.50x15s for my FSB in a few minutes. Didn't feel like driving 45 minutes out of the way to borrow my dad's truck, 45 minutes back, 45 minutes to get the tires, 45 minutes back, then 45 minutes to go drop off my dad's truck then 45 minutes back...

so I'm gonna make this work. I'm thinking I can squeeze four inside the cab- two stacks of two... then hoist one on top of the truck and use the latches up there to tie it down.

Who has faith? Any non-believers?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If I can move my full size couch in my explorer then I'm sure you can fit them. Good luck

drothgeb- that sounds even more impressive! You have pictures?

I should have taken some looking back. I had to move across town and instead of borrowing my company's trailer I sized up the ex and said why not...What's more crazy was me carrying the couch down 2 flights, putting it into the explorer then up 3 flights all balanced on my head.(including full size bed, love seat and couch) haha

They will fit. I fit 4 37's in my truck and one on the roof, and I have a Sport...

24ac45aa.jpg

6d33a7d7.jpg

...and onto the Bronco...

69d6eacd.jpg

Looks good!:thumbsup:
From the picture it looks almost like you could have laid them flat and doubled them up so that all were in the hatch..PLENTY OF ROOM!:D

PS: Don't let JoeDirt see your carpet, he'd have a heartattack...or you'd wake up and he'd be out there scrubbing away

Hey if I can fit a queen size mattress back there and still be able to sleep on it with my wife, you should have plenty of room (and you did!) :)

Looks good!:thumbsup:
From the picture it looks almost like you could have laid them flat and doubled them up so that all were in the hatch..PLENTY OF ROOM!:D
The ones behind the passenger seat were laid down and doubled, but the rear two were too far back by roughly half an inch and I didn't want to put that stress on both the seat brackets and the rear hatch latching mechanism.

PS: Don't let JoeDirt see your carpet, he'd have a heartattack...or you'd wake up and he'd be out there scrubbing away
Joe! Where y'at?! Come look at my carpet! The front floorboards are worse and while you're at it you could scrub down my door panels, too! I haven't washed the interior since I started wheeling it over a year ago!

Hey if I can fit a queen size mattress back there and still be able to sleep on it with my wife, you should have plenty of room (and you did!) :)
That's impressive, Sir. I'm 6'3" so even being in a horizontal position on the back of the Ex alone makes me feel claustrophobic!

i had 4 35's on rims, and a 33 inside my 4 door, and didn't even have to move my sub box,,

That's impressive, Sir. I'm 6'3" so even being in a horizontal position on the back of the Ex alone makes me feel claustrophobic!

That's weird, I'm the same height and I fit fine :) The trick is to fold the front seats forward and put your pillows on them ;) My wife and I spend a lot of time 'camping' in the back of the X. Beats a tent!

3 35's , lots of room left in the front,

Attachments

• new 35's 1.jpg
    new 35's 1.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 314

Back