further "kitting" rear end- please give your opinion | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

further "kitting" rear end- please give your opinion

Yeah that might not be so bad after all. Good luck with the project. By the way, I love that Ford badge on the grill. Never noticed it before. Is it custom or did you buy it?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

its not an emblem- its just a painted on script logo

Really? Looks good.

yeah, im talkign to my friend right now about removing that circle on the grille. sort of trying to decide if it will look a lot better without it.

james- i know what your talking about with the height.

initially the front was 9.5" at the rear of the front bumper, the front of the sideskirts was at 11, the rear of the sideskirts was around 12, and the rear rollpan was at 17.

It appears the the sideskirts are going to come down 2" total, so they will in fact be a bit lower than the front bumper (looks right to me though- does that make sense?) then the rear pieces will probably be up around 12 or 13" (which is quite a bit higher than the 10" rear end of the sideskirt) but seems to look right. the rear end piece is not in the right position in my last set of pictures- its too high.

I really like the shape and added look of the rear addition, but I'm afraid that once you get it glassed in and painted white, it will look like its hanging down a mile. As for the side skirts, I've never liked the look of the stock ones, so I'm not sure what you could do short of reshaping the doors to make it not look like a bolt-on, ricer looking piece.

thanks for the input jefe.

your pretty much right on- i'm doing my best to address both of those issues. the sideskirts just may look a little ricey, but i'm sure they'll be better than stock regardless.

Thats gonna look nice. Me likey. It is going to add just a little attitude to it with out screaming. It makes someone who is familiar with cars/explorers look at it, and wonder whats different and why it looks better than other explorers.

Hey man looks great.... I'm sure whatever you end up doing will look awesome....

I like your idea for the sides, just a lil lower, subtle and cool!

after one weekend of work.

i've decided to redo the front as well, so it fits right and has the same styling cues as the rear.

Attachments

• a1.JPG
    a1.JPG
    57 KB · Views: 420
  • a2.JPG
    a2.JPG
    42.7 KB · Views: 421
  • a3.JPG
    a3.JPG
    42.1 KB · Views: 420

s

Attachments

• a4.JPG
    a4.JPG
    31.8 KB · Views: 427
  • a5.JPG
    a5.JPG
    48 KB · Views: 412
  • a6.JPG
    a6.JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 435

i noticed your trying to make the sideskirts look like saleen's

um no.

i haven't even looked at the saleen ones recently (since i decided to do this for sure)

i'm copying the design of the ones i saw on a clk430 last week.

oh they look like them because of the split in the middle.

do you have a picture of the saleen ones?

I'd like to see them maybe i'll decide to change mine a little so they are less like them if they are real similar, or i'll decide i like something about them and change my design in that direction.

cowl_1l.jpg

damn i noticed they go in alot, so yeah yours are alot different

those looks fine, but nothing amazing. I'm happy to see that they wont' be either the same as mine, or like way better looking than mine.

Lookin good. :) Those side skirts will help a lot. I also like the decision on molding some splashguards in.

If you need any help, just PM me ;) :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

your more than welcome to come over and help whenever. We'll be working a ton late this week and this weekend. Not really gonna do anythign though until wednesday or thursday. you actually interested in doing some crap with us?

Back