• Register Today It's free!

gabriel VST shocks

benj75

Reaction score
City, State
Seymour, IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 Explorer Sport, 2dr
is anyone running Gabriel VST shocks on their lowered EX?

Do they work well for lowered EX's?

I'm considering buying them(cuz they're CHEAP), but wonder if it would be a better idea to spend twice the price of the VST to get Monroe Reflex.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

they ride great! for about 2 weeks. then, theyre toast. dont even bother if your X is lowered. im dropped only 2" and on the second set of VST's. they suck on a lowered X. i dont drive hard/hit potholes/curbs/dips; i am very **** about bottoming out my truck. they just suck. when i get the time (funds) im gonna get something else.

i have them on my stock truck. i luv em, perhaps cuz my other shocks were shot to hell. the handling was greatly increased when i put em on. so far, so good. for $20 and a lifetime warranty, u cant beat it :p

-mike

for $20 and a lifetime warranty, you cant beat it.
yea but whats the use if you gotta change em out every month? on the driver side rear ive gotta take the ABS computer off to get to the top mounts; its not hard but i dont wanna do it all the time. also you said yours sits stock; they probably will last on yours. the lowered front of a 95-X is gonna stress the shocks a lot more than one sittin stock cuz you are taking preload off of the torsion bar. i think they must have a quality control problem, cause ive heard of people having them for a long time with no probs, and then there are others like me (come on guys, help me out) who have to rplace them all the time. like i said before, im not hard on my truck at all.

i really wanted to go for some bilsteins, but i lacked the funds for it. my shocks were that much of a pain in the @$$ to changed either. i figure maybe ill just change em every 6 months to be safe :D

Back