Gauge pod designs | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Gauge pod designs

Do you perfer the Centered or Offset design?

• Centered

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Offset

Votes: 10 66.7%
  • Neither. They both suck.

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters

jaeger6

Reaction score
City, State
Wauwatosa, Wi
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Turbo Ranger
I am developing a series of gauge pods for the 95+ Ranger/Explorer. I am already offering this current design and I am about to release a three gauge/double vent design.

I have found that not everyone is in love the the small switch/light mounting boss on the current design and I am considering making an alternate design minus the boss. I have two choices. Center the gauge on the vent opening or offsetting the gauge in the vent opening. Which do you prefer?

Centered
Pod%20Centered.jpg

Or Offset
Pod%20without%20boss.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey you became a vendor! Nice!
You know my thoughts already, even though they were deleted. :p

Good luck with the product!

But what if I want heat or air coming out of those vents?

it looks like its molded to fit in 1 vent so there is still the other, although with the offset design it might be worthwhile to incorporate a few slots or a grill next to the gauge like this

I have a prototype that is like what you guys describe. The vents make it particularly tricky to make. But, over the next few months I hope to try out a few ideas that may allow me to make the vent design more cost effective. Until then, it will have to remain a prototype.

042108_007.jpg

that is sick talk about thinking outside the box!!

that looks really nice! best looking one ive seen for sure, is it fixed so it doesnt move? and is it plastic or fiberglass? also how is the angle of the gauge it looks like it could be tilted less? (could just be the angle of the pic) Great job!

Loving the one in post 6, I'd definitely invest in one of those. Maybe you could design one to hold a Stinger Volt Gauge in it properly?

How about one that mounts on the dash like the Mustang GT, or a 3 pillar pod gauge.

3 pillar pod gauge.

i 2nd that

vent mount that has slots is very awesome, id buy 2 of em. you would have about the same air flow as you would if you used one without slots.

this was easier...:D

07212007129.jpg

I would love to buy one of these to mount my volt gauge in...Just a single vent model

What ever became of this? Are they available even in Prototype?

Back